[no Bug] Plugins are listed more than one time in MePo configuration (1 Viewer)

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have mentioned that some plugins are listed more than one time in my MePo configuration.

I have mentioned it while shifting some plugins to the home menu and some to the extensions menu.

config.png

Attachments

• Configuration.bak
      69.6 KB
    • MediaPortal.xml
      64.8 KB
    • MediaPortal.xml.bak
      64.8 KB

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    the plugins are listed more than one time even after a total remove of 1.30Beta and a install of 1.30RC

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    ::1
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Did you check both plugin folders (process & Windows) to see if some plugin is installed twice?

And zip up GUIPrograms.dll (Plugins\Windows) and remove the .dll after that and test again.
    You seem to have an incompatible plugin.

Last edited:

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I have checked the dll. They are all listed ones in the directories.
    I have already deleted the guiprogramms.dll some time ago.

I think the double listing of plugins occurred after moving some plugins from the home to the plugins directory of classic home. (Buttons "in home", "in plugins" under the plugin window of the MePo-Configuration)

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands

I think the double listing of plugins occurred after moving some plugins from the home to the plugins directory of classic home. (Buttons "in home", "in plugins" under the plugin window of the MePo-Configuration)
    Weird.... since your logs are still listing showing the loading of that GUIPrograms.dll
    Code:
    2013-01-14 20:23:03.799921 [Debug][Config Main(1)]: PluginsNew: loadPlugins c:\program files\team mediaportal\mediaportal\Plugins\windows\GUIPrograms.dll

Is it 1 plugin (MyVideos) that's listed twice, or are the other plugins that behave the same way? I'm running about 20 plugins on my HTPC and i've been moving those back and forward between Home & Plugin section many times and never ran into this.
    Would be nice if you could reproduce the problem and get the logs, but i'm not even sure if it'll show up in the logs.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Weird.... since your logs are still listing showing the loading of that GUIPrograms.dll

I have deleted the dll after the creation of this thread.

Is it 1 plugin (MyVideos) that's listed twice, or are the other plugins that behave the same way? I'm running about 20 plugins on my HTPC and i've been moving those back and forward between Home & Plugin section many times and never ran into this.
    Would be nice if you could reproduce the problem and get the logs, but i'm not even sure if it'll show up in the logs.

There are other plugins listed twice. You can see the wikipedia plugin listed twice in the screenshot for example.
    But all the twice listed plugins are shipped with MePo. I have not seen this with with community plugins.

Do you have an idea how I shouldtry to reproduce this? Now they are listed twice and I can´t get rid of this. Playing with the home or plugin button does not change this anymore.

HomeY

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • February 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    OK, so it seems to be the core plugins from MediaPortal. Only reason i can think of is having the .dll twice in the directories somewhere...
    You should look for the WindowPlugins.dll (which you should ONLY have in the Plugins\Windows directory). Not in any root directory or anywhere else.

To be honest, this really sounds like something is mixed up. Maybe backup your config dir and re-install MediaPortal? That probably fixes it, but lets see if the above .dll is the cause of your problem.

megahorst

Super User
  • Team MediaPortal
  • Super User
  • July 8, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    OK, so it seems to be the core plugins from MediaPortal. Only reason i can think of is having the .dll twice in the directories somewhere...
    You should look for the WindowPlugins.dll (which you should ONLY have in the Plugins\Windows directory). Not in any root directory or anywhere else.

To be honest, this really sounds like something is mixed up. Maybe backup your config dir and re-install MediaPortal? That probably fixes it, but lets see if the above .dll is the cause of your problem.

You are right.

I did some tests with a area51 solution and have renamed the original files from "*.*" to "*orig.*".

I have deleted the files and now the issue is gone.

Users who are viewing this thread