[confirm] PMT Issues - Can only tune channels from single frequency (1 Viewer)

Squidmata

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 SVN24669
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3wide
Windows Version: Windows 7 Ultimate x64
CPU Type: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+
HDD: WD 250GB SATA/WD 1000GB SATA
Memory: 4GB 800MHz
Motherboard: ASUS M2NPV-VM
Video Card: NVIDIA 8600GT
Video Card Driver: 195.62
Sound Card: SoundMAX HD
Sound Card AC3: Optical out
Sound Card Driver: 6.10.2.6030
1. TV Card: FIREDTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-C
1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.6070.3000
2. TV Card: FIREDTV
2. TV Card Type: DVB-C
2. TV Card Driver: 5.0.6070.3000
3. TV Card: TT-1500
3. TV Card Type: DVB-C
3. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.8
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD Video Decoder
MPEG2 Audio Codec: MS DTV-DVD Audio Decoder
h.264 Video Codec: MS DTV-DVD Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi.

The title of the post pretty much sums up the problem. After a clean install, with channel scans completed on all cards, I cannot tune any channels, either in MP itself or from manual control. This used to affect only the odd channel, now it seems to be all channels. TSWriter.log shows "PMT Pid wasn't found on the PAT. Channel may have moved, try a new channel scan." and TV.log shows "PMT Timeout".

Any help greatly appreciated, and any further information gratefully given.

Many thanks in advance,

Squid.

Squidmata

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
Re: PMT PID wasn't found on the PAT

Dear all,

Hope it's not bad form to reply to my own thread but I have a little more info. It looks as though I can view some channels, but only on a single frequency - if I try to tune to another frequency I get a 'no signal' error message. The TSWriter.log "PMT PID wasn't found on the PAT" has gone, but the TV.log "PMT Timeout" remains. Hope this helps, and if this has been resolved somewhere else then please accept my apologies and point me in the right direction.

Squid.

Squidmata

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country

Sorry for replying again but I think I may have fixed this issue and hopefully it may help a couple of people in this thread.

I believe this particular PMT problem is tied to the "Use Advanced Tuning Options" option in TVServer config. If I use this option and select "Search for Transponder List", I am only able to tune channels from the first Transponder tuned during the search and not from any other Transponder. When I try to tune channels outside of these Transponders the error messages vary from "Unable to start graph" to "No signal" or "Unknown error". If I use the "Single Transponder" option, then I am only able to tune channels from that Transponder, and no others. The error messages are the same as before when I try to tune a different Transponder. This can be reliably reproduced.

Based on a suggestion in the thread I linked to above, I tried tuning from an existing DVB-C .xml file and presto, all channels working. I actually used one of the .xml files generated from my previous troublesome manual scans, as opposed to one I'd written or a default one.

Can any Devs confirm that this is a known issue?

tdw197

Portal Member
April 13, 2009
Home Country
I can also confirm this bug is still present in RC1, thanks very much for the helpful post above spent ages pulling my hair out with this, till I found this thread.

Squidmata

Portal Member
January 14, 2008
Home Country
It's a shame that it's still present in RC1, but I had a feeling that no one was interested when I posted this in the first place...

slarti

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 26, 2009
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Had this exact same problem when using "Use Advanced Tuning Options" and "Search for Transponder List". I entered the first transponder values found here (274 MHz,6.9 Msym/s, 128-QAM) and tv-server found all 31 transponders and channels without problems. The problem was that only a handful of channels worked and the rest were exactly like described in this thread.

Deleting the found channels and searching in the "default" way made everything all right except for two transponders that probably aren't in the config file included with MP.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005

I believe this particular PMT problem is tied to the "Use Advanced Tuning Options" option in TVServer config. If I use this option and select "Search for Transponder List",

I think I did see this issue when I installed RC1. I didn't have time to debug it at all so my fix was to scan with a .XML file.

j0kk3

Portal Member
    October 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    So if i get this right i can use "TransEdit" or whatever the tool is named to remove the transponers that messes up with the few channels that keep getting ower written with new data when i scan for channels.

My idea then is.

Step 1: Do a full scan.
    Step 2: Find all affected channels.
    Step 3: Find the propper transponders for all affected channels.
    Step 4: Remove the faulthy transponders from the scan file, and only leave the propper transponders in the scan file.
    Step 5: Do a rescan and hope there are not any other channels on the propper transponders that does affect other channels that would need adjustments from the faulthy transponders.

Input?

EDIT: Did modify the scan file, and its harder then expected. Removing one transponder from the file just will just break another channel. And back and forth. One more idea iwe got is, scan for channels verify the channels that work and export channel list. I then use my modified scan file, i then verify what channels that work and remove all other channels. I then combine the 2 results making one complete list where all channels should now work.

j0kk3

Portal Member
    October 1, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Does anyone know any working solution for this, as im scanning on DVB-S Iwe got many transponders to work with, thus removing one transponder will just cause another channel to break up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom