Poor Quality Music Album Covers (1 Viewer)

nokmond

Portal Pro
January 25, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all, since upgrading to Windows 7 , i thought I would have a dabble with 7 Media Centre. I didn't like it tbh so I came straight back to MP. Before I tried 7MC my music section in MP was beautiful but now the album covers look to be of poor quality.

I'm sure that 7MC has changed the resolution of the artwork somehow. Does anyone know how I can delete the album covers and start from scratch or perhaps theres a setting i've missed in MP config? When i try to grab the covers in MP it goes to amazon.com and says 'no covers found' about 95% of the time?

Thanks guys :D

emphatic

Design Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 25, 2006
    Alingsås
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi all, since upgrading to Windows 7 , i thought I would have a dabble with 7 Media Centre. I didn't like it tbh so I came straight back to MP. Before I tried 7MC my music section in MP was beautiful but now the album covers look to be of poor quality.

I'm sure that 7MC has changed the resolution of the artwork somehow. Does anyone know how I can delete the album covers and start from scratch or perhaps theres a setting i've missed in MP config? When i try to grab the covers in MP it goes to amazon.com and says 'no covers found' about 95% of the time?

Thanks guys :D

Open the Configuration app and check on your thumbs setting. Perhaps you'd had this set higher before? To delete the thumbs, while in Configuration, click the "show user files" at the very top of the window, and the folder where they are will open up:

Thumbs\Music\Albums

The only way to get nice looking covers in MediaPortal (in my experience) is to either manually download them yourself and place them, renamed to "folder.jpg" inside your album folder OR make sure that you get your files tagged and have embedded covers.

Emph

VdR

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 17, 2006
    Belgium
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    WOW. Windows 7 still does this!

I have had the same problem when my wife (who has the laptop that by exeption runs vista) accessed our MP media library (just tell vista where on the network to find it and your are scr...). All the carefully selected, high resultion folder.jpg files where changed to (often wrong) 200x200 pixels artwork.:mad:

Good to have a back-up of your music library.

VdR

Nemulate

Portal Pro
    December 29, 2005
    IOW
    Home Country
    England England
    Windows 7 has a habit of changing any folder.jpgs (or however else you store your covers as) to 200 x 200 jpgs. One of the reasons I disabled all the Media Centre services on Windows 7 and also make sure I don't use Windows Media Player!

nokmond

Portal Pro
    January 25, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Windows 7 has a habit of changing any folder.jpgs (or however else you store your covers as) to 200 x 200 jpgs. One of the reasons I disabled all the Media Centre services on Windows 7 and also make sure I don't use Windows Media Player!

Cheers. Any idea how to disable the Media Centre on W7?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom