[Remote] Position Changer (1 Viewer)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I am really missing a position changer function, similar to the one Stephen Toub wrote for Media Center:

Stephen Toub : Time Travel with Media Center

It allows for direct access anywhere in your media file, or relative jump:

"While viewing or listening to media, press the right arrow on the remote or keyboard. Then enter the time you want to jump to (123 for 1 minute 23 seconds, 1053 for 10 minutes 53 seconds, etc.) and press enter. Pressing the left arrow instead of the right arrow makes the jumps relative instead of absolute".

It would also be nice to show the numbers on the screen while you type them.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Type in your jump required and press enter, where's the problem :D

You should see what you are typing on the timeline osd, this was tested working using xface.

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Is there a relative jump in place? (equivalent of Toub's left arrow, digits, enter).

Absolute jump never works for me (1234 for 12:34, the last digit never appears and there is no jump)

greybox

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    I assumed we enter time in mm:ss format. In fact, it is in hh:mm format. I just checked and it works for me. I would still like to keep my suggestion opened regarding relative jump: left arrow and then time for the relative jump.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom