Possibility of skipping DVD intro? (1 Viewer)

Game_dude

Portal Pro
February 28, 2006
Indiana
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Like the title says. I know you guys probably don't like hearing about feature requests. But this was actually one of my favorite features in XBMC.

mm1352000

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 1, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I know you guys probably don't like hearing about feature requests.
    Why would you say that? :)

Guess there is no interest in this lol
    Okay, don't take my word for it, but I'm pretty sure this is not within our control (without going to a lot of effort).
    The ability to skip the intro probably depends on the DVD navigator you use. MP does not have our own DVD navigator. Like codecs, we expect you to install and configure your own:
    http://wiki.team-mediaportal.com/in...odecs_and_Renderer/2_DVD_Discs//Images_Codecs

Windows did distribute a DVD navigator with XP and newer until W8 when they decided to only include it with the media pack thing. So, (like me) you're probably using the MS navigator. See if you can find an alternative one that allows you to skip the intro.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Ha ha I figured you guys probably get tired of hearing of feature requests and the like guess I was wrong. Thanks for replying btw!

Hmm I never thought about that. your right I am using the MS one. And yeah, I'm looking to jump straight to the root menu. A lot of DVDs have those annoying intros and sometimes even previews like in the VHS days.

Game_dude

Portal Pro
    February 28, 2006
    Indiana
    Home Country
    Yeah, though I think some intros it won't let you skip ie won't do nothing when hitting the menu button haha. Oh wow XP didn't know people still used that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    I need to try MadVR, I hope my Intel NAC can manage it.
    Remember PAL DVDs of US movies and TV Shows, and how they were converted to 25 fps thus introducing a "smurf lite" pitch on the...
    Replies
    Views
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV audiodecoder shows status 'bistreaming' on the output. What is your LAV status?
    Well, there is nothing wrong in the log. I have personaly tested the bitstreaming after DVD resume, and I can confirm that the LAV...
    My apologies for posting two separate issues in one posting, however, the logs I have cover both. 1. Resume playback of...
    Replies
    Views
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as Administrator, and the Administrator do not have yet logged in on the UNC \\192.168.222.247\Public even if the normal user on the PC have done it. So to fix it on the Win 11 HTPC: Created a shortcut to...
    OK, I found a way to make it work. It seems like MP-TV-series Configuration (and Moving Pictures Configuration) starts as...
    Hi! I was running MP1.33 x64 and I was fine and happy since many years, then the hard drive on the HTPC died. But I was able to...
    Replies
    Views
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling with. If you take the previous version (1.31) it should work as expected. For IPTV there is also a different option (with different pros and cons): Onlinevideos. I'm using that sometimes for my IPTV as...
    Hi, First off: there are some issues with the latest Mediaportal (32bits vs 64bits), so that is one of the issues you're stumbling...
    Hi I am trying to play a m3u file from my IPTV provider, but when I try to install the TV part of Media Portal v1.3.2 I get an...
    Replies
    Views
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in driving the development of an advanced HTPC software? Would you like new features get implemented faster? Well, then join us! What we offer: Almost unlimited creative leeway The possibility to closely...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Software Developer C# The MediaPortal 2 team is seeking committed people to strengthen its developer basis Are you interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Top Bottom