Possible memory leak, is it fixed in 1.1.0 Final? (1 Viewer)

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
September 21, 2009
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 RC2
MediaPortal Skin: StreamedMP
Windows Version: 7 32bit
CPU Type: Phenom II X2
HDD:
Memory: 2GB
Motherboard:
Video Card: Radeon 5450
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

After MediaPortal has been running for awhile (awhile is pretty vague I know, but I have no idea how long, maybe a day or two, maybe 3-4?), everything starts to slow down. Just the mediaportal app though. Scrolling between movies the backgrounds load slower and are jerky when they load, the menus moving is jerky, etc. Playing a movie is still fine though. If I just "exit mediaportal" then immediately start it again, everything is back to normal. Then some time later, it happens again. Seems like it must be a memory leak if it just starts happening over time. I guess it could be something else. Right now I'm on RC2, don't want to upgrade to final unless this was a known issue that was fixed (can't find anything in the changelog), as EVERYTHING else works perfectly right now. Any ideas?

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you are on RC2, then there are 100's of fixes since then, as suggested I would do a clean install of MP1.1, just to make sure you have no settings corrupt, which may affect things, mines been stable, with none of the systoms you have described.

Crackofdawn

Portal Pro
    September 21, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Honestly, with a 100% working stable setup minus the slight slowdown after a few days, I think it would be rather silly to do a clean install that could introduce all sorts of other issues, if I don't know if it will be fixed. My wife and daughter use the HTPC and if it isn't stable I never hear the end of it. That's why I was hoping there was a more "complete" changelog or something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom