Possible to nest menu (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I have too many items on the main menu and wanted to move some.
    eg. I have
    Play DVD
    Play HD/BD Disc
    My Videos
    My TV Series
    My Films

I would ideally like to have a top level
    My Videos
    then have each of the options above underneath.

Can this be done?

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    What skin are you using?
    You can alter the basic homescreen, and use submenues. See Monochrome and/or Indigo. Good documentation on "how to" is included in DL.

2BitSculptor

Super Moderator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • January 23, 2008
    South Central Wisconsin
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    did you look at the X-Face skin?
    Yes I am using it....

Am I missing something about nesting menus ??

X-face has about the closest to "nested" as there is so far... when you focus a hover image a sub menu appears below across the bottom... so I would think it would be possible to mod a skin to do something similar.... like using monochrome, for example, you could add sub menus below the hover Icon, and when it is focus, then the list appears.

Of course you would have to learn or know something about XML and the IDs in MP.

Since I use my remote almost exclusively, having to move down several clicks over unused functions slows things down, so I've been trying to figure out nested dissappearing (action) menus. Keep more often used functions (e.g., Now Playing, My Playlist, Current Playlist) on the first layer, which become visible at the first left click off the screen, a second left click brings out the less used functions, or edit type functions (Layout, Sort By, Switch View), keeping fewer buttons on the screen at one time.

But, the best I can do at this time is try to persuade a skin designer to make a custom mod fit for my needs.

Chuck

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom