Possible to run DB reorg outside of MP? (1 Viewer)

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I leave MP closed when I am not using it (have had a few issues with resume in MP is left running). The machine wakes up at 5am everyday to load EPG and I would really like to have the music DB reorg run as well at this point. Only issue is MP is not running. Is there anyway I can achieve the same result without MP actually being open?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Should be able with a relatively small program, which sits in the tray and waits on the pc to wake up.
    i'm already a bit occupied on the weekend, but maybe i find some time on late Sunday evening.

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Try the attached one.
    You need to compile yourself. I have some modifications to my database.dll file and it won't be compatible with yours, if i release just the exe.

Some Notes:

1. you need to correct the path to youre Core.dll, Database.dll and Utils.dll
    2. The reulting MusicUpdater.exe needs o be placed into MP root folder
    3. the Log Statements in Database.dll will update Mediaportal.log
    4. As there is currently no way to stop the Update while running, there is no close button. The app will close automatically when finished
    5. You may minimize it while running. it'll go to the tray. A click on the icon brings it back

Attachments

• MusicShareUpdater.zip
      30.6 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    Try the attached one.
    You need to compile yourself. I have some modifications to my database.dll file and it won't be compatible with yours, if i release just the exe.
    Booting up the dev machine now...:D

Compiled this yesterday and seems to do the trick :)

just to confirm that the shares that are scanned as part of the update are only the ones ticked in config and it also honours the only pickup changes since last import flag in config? Anything else that would change the way it works? or are those two config options the only two that will affect what is picked up?

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Try the attached one.
    Booting up the dev machine now...:D

Compiled this yesterday and seems to do the trick :)

just to confirm that the shares that are scanned as part of the update are only the ones ticked in config and it also honours the only pickup changes since last import flag in config? Anything else that would change the way it works? or are those two config options the only two that will affect what is picked up?

It honours all settings, which a direct call from within Config would do. So all flags, that you can set on this screen apply as well.

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    executable attached.
    This is provided as is and is not an official part of MP so please do not raise bug reports about this.

Thanks

Attachments

• MusicShareUpdater.zip
      30.6 KB

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    hwahrmann, not had chance to look into this in depth but I am farily sure even thought the tickbox to "only update files after xxx" is ticked this is not quite working. It looks like the last date used in config is being used but never getting updated??

Can you point me in the direction of where this gets updated now?

jameson_uk

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 27, 2005
    Birmingham
    Home Country
    ok I noticed that you were calling MusicDatabaseReorg without the settings parameter (which was just calling the overloaded method with settings = null)
    I have added
    Code:
    private MusicDatabaseSettings _settings = new MusicDatabaseSettings();
    and changed call to
    Code:
    mDB.MusicDatabaseReorg(m_Shares,_settings);

seems to be working ok for me. Can you see any issues with this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom