[no Bug] Post-Processing and Zoom issues (1 Viewer)

doveman

Portal Pro
February 12, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
I was planning to start using LAV instead of ffdshow as my audio decoder and use ffdshow as a post-processor for it's Mixer (which I need).

However, whilst Videos, DVD and TV all have a post-processing section to allow this, Blu-Ray doesn't. I guess I could continue to use ffdshow for the Blu-Ray decoder but I think LAV is probably better/more compatible so I'd rather be able to use that.

With Zoom, Videos and TV both let me select which Zooms will be available but DVD doesn't meaning I get the whole lot to cycle through when I really only want one or two (to stretch 4:3 content to fill my 16:9 screen).

Last edited by a moderator:

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Blu-ray implementation doesn't support post processing filters in the DirectShow graph. This is a design choise since it would make the dynamic format change handling much more complex and error prone (3rd party filters aren't that good when it comes to dynamic format change handling - only LAV is working without any issues). There is currently no plans to add the post processing filter support for the native Blu-ray support, it might be on todo list after few years when everything else has been got on stable level.

doveman

Portal Pro
    February 12, 2008
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    OK, Blu-ray's not something I really use at the moment anyway, so it's no big deal for now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom