Post your MediaPortal TV and WebEPG configuration (1 Viewer)

Bram

Portal Pro
December 12, 2005
's-Hertogenbosch
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Getting the configuration of you EPG and channels right can be a time consuming job. For some maybe even a reason to stick with the TVengine2 for a while.
In the second TVengine you have the possebility to select where you live and what television provider you use (when using analog cable tv, don't have any experiense with digital TV) and then, comfortably, download the complete chanel configuration. This saves time. No need to scan, rename and delete channels.
Still you would have to configure your XMLTV or WebEPG grabber.

Using the TVserver 3, you don't have the option to download a channel list. The only options are to scan channels, rename the cannels to match your EPG (exactly!, or the other way around)and delete the false detections from the scan.

To hopefully get more people to use the TVserver I think it's a good idea to share configurations. Maybe that way more people will use it and the TVengine3 will be ready for it's first stable release sooner. But! Keep in mind the TVserver3 + client are in early beta stage. I've been using it for two day's now (and tried using it ever since the first beta release) and I've already discovered about ten (minor) things that are not working accordingly to what you'd expect.

The file I've posted below is usable for the TVengine2 too. Actualy, only one file is for the TVserver3. Which is "export.xml", in the "MediaPortal TV Server" directory in the archive. This file contains the cannelconfiguration for the TVserver3 and can be imported in the TVserver3 configuration. This way there is no need for scanning channels.
I, personaly run a sceduled task every night to update the TVguide. The in the latest SVN included scheduler does not seem to work for WebEPG. Maybe only for XMLTV?

The other directory ("MediaPortal") in the archive contains the WebEPG configuration files ("...\WebEPG\"), the TV logos ("...\Thumbs\TV\Logos\") and the XMLTV configuration file ("...\XMLTV\xmltv.dtd").

I'm not completely sure if the XMLTV directory is needed. My configuration probebly assumes you are using the default MediaPortal installation directory. I'm not sure if it will work when you chose a different directory for installation.

My configuration is usable for everyone living in 's-Hertigenbosch, Netherlands (provider->Essent).
Simply extract the archive to you "_:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\" directory.
Once you've done that run "_:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\WebEPG.exe" to download your EPG. You won't see any GUI. WebEPG.exe runs in the background (to check, look in the TaskManager). It might take 20 min. to download the complete program guide and some more time for MP to import the data.

MediaPortal TV and EPG configuration for -> Netherlands / 's-Hertogenbosch / Essent

If you're using the TVserver3 make sure you select the XMLTV directory in the configuration. ("_:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV\"). Default "_:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal TV Server\XMLTV\" is selected.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom