Power / Away mode issues? (1 Viewer)

cyberbob08

June 29, 2011
Home Country
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.3
MediaPortal Skin: Streamed MP 1.5.5.2734
Windows Version: Win7 32Bit
CPU Type: AMD Zacate E350 Dual-Core (onboard)
HDD: WD 1TB
Memory: 2G DDR3
Motherboard: ASUS E35M1-M
Video Card: Radeon HD 6310 (onboard)
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Compro VideoMate E750 Dual
1. TV Card Type: DVB-T
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec NSK2480B
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV: Samsung Series 5 46"
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

Hi all. Im relatively new to the HTPC game, having set all this up about 4 weeks ago... hated what I couldnt do and couldnt configure in MCE, so here I am, and MP sh!ts all over it :) Successfully got most things working and really like it. But a few outstanding issues I will start asking.... can post logs etc if directed!

Im not sure if these are more PC/power issues, or MP client / MP server issues... But here goes.
One problem happens during scheduled recording. The PC wakes up for scheduled recordings, using PowerScheduler++, and shuts down to S3 half an hour after which is great. It has never failed to do this. But sometimes after its woken, and we go to use it (ie switch the tv to the output and use the remote, OR, i use VNC to remotely connect), it doesnt respond. Sometimes the screen is completely black, other times it's frozen on its last input..... And it doesnt respond to any key presses or remote. Often when this happens, if I kill VNC and try re-connect, it wont connect atall... it kinda waits for about 5 minutes and suddenly responds, and the whole machine is then responsive. It's a bit of a weird issue, it just happened tonight before posting this and I zipped up the logs just now incase if wanted. Anyways, any ideas how to approach something like this? Is it away mode waking up?

Second problem is kinda related, though I forget the exact steps... I think it was hitting off on the remote during scheduled recording, and it not shutting down for a while but being unusable in the meantime. When it does shut down, it seems impossible to turn back on. The remote power, the case power button, even holding the case power button in, NOTHING will turn it back on..... Have to pull the power out and then boot it back up from that. Im not 100% sure on my steps there, might have to play around a bit more and come up with exact steps, but if anyone has had similar power issues where it seems just dead, id be interested to hear what solved it.

Apologies if these have been covered, I have done a bit of searching and cant seem to find anything matching my problems..

Cheers guys.

porky996t

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 21, 2008
    Bolton, Lancashire, England
    Home Country
    England England
    Hi CyberBob

I also use Powercheduler++ and I find it works great. I did set it up so MP restarts on resume - you do this in the MP Config>General screen. I was having some minor issues when it resumed (I can't remember now) without restarting and ticking this box seemed to solve it.

HTH,

M.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom