Power Scheduler fails to resume from hibernation in order to invoke alarm task (1 Viewer)

Cronos

Portal Member
July 24, 2006
Home Country
Germany Germany
In several recent MP versions I encounter problems when trying to set up alarm tasks unrelated to TV scheduled recordings (which work fine for me). After programming a task in MyAlarm and waiting for the system to hibernate (which it properly does), the computer does *not* resume from hibernation to activate the scheduled alarm task (e.g., play an MP3).
However, the alarm does play if the computer is not in hibernation at the scheduled time so I suspect it might be a bug in PowerScheduler.
I would greatly appreciate any help and suggestions on this problem as I really need the MyAlarm plugin. Logs are attached.

Regards,
Cronos

Steps to reproduce:

1. Schedule an alarm task in MyAlarm (e.g., play MP3). (attached logs: wakeup scheduled at 19:10h)
2. Wait for computer to hibernate.
3. Wait until the scheduled time.
4. Computer does *not* resume from hibernation to play alarm.

System specs:

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
Windows Version: WinXP SP3
CPU Type: Intel Core Quad Q6700
HDD: 2x640 GB Samsung
Memory: 4 GB DDR2
Motherboard: Asus P5B-E
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD4870
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Soundblaster Audigy
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-USB2
1. TV Card Type: analogue
TV - HTPC Connection: DVI

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Looking into it, from what I can find it has never been updated to work with TVServers powerscheduler afaik, have put it to our test team, see if we can attract a Dev to see why.

BTW, did the same as you with no wakeup as a result :(, so a confirmed problem.

:D

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Looking into it, from what I can find it has never been updated to work with TVServers powerscheduler afaik, have put it to our test team, see if we can attract a Dev to see why.

Yes, there is missing implementation for the TVE3 connectivity. So, someone would be required to provide a patch that adds support for the TVE3 in My Alarm plugin (and in 1.1.0 where TVE2 is removed it would be required to allow My Alarm to handle the wakeup on its own).

Any free people to start working with this? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom