Power Scheduler not! (1 Viewer)

ItsAllNew

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Perth
Home Country
Im trying to setup /test the Powerscheduler....

And have not had any luck!

Leaving the P.C. unattended for a period exceeding the set idle time, and nothing happens.... so this I looked i the log for an error, and see in the TV.LOG the following....

2009-06-20 15:10:55.218750 [Powerscheduler Timer]: XmlTvImportWakeupHandler.GetNextWakeupTime 1/01/0001 12:00:00 AM
2009-06-20 15:11:55.078125 [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler: lastUserTime: 14:34:18.7191 , True
2009-06-20 15:11:55.093750 [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler.NextWakeupTime: inspecting handler:GenericWakeupHandler time:31/12/9999 11:59:59 PM
2009-06-20 15:11:55.218750 [Powerscheduler Timer]: PowerScheduler.NextWakeupTime: inspecting handler:confused:cheduledRecordingsHandler time:20/06/2009 3:23:00 PM

i then looked in the bottom of the error.log and found....

2009-06-20 15:20:55.234375 [Powerscheduler Timer]: Exception :confused:ystem.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: The added or subtracted value results in an un-representable DateTime.
Parameter name: value
at System.DateTime.AddTicks(Int64 value)
at System.DateTime.Add(Double value, Int32 scale)
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.Handlers.XmlTvImportWakeupHandler.GetNextWakeupTime(DateTime earliestWakeupTime)
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_NextWakeupTime()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.get_DisAllowShutdown()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.CheckForStandby()
at TvEngine.PowerScheduler.PowerScheduler.OnTimerElapsed(Object sender, ElapsedEventArgs e)

If this a BUG, or a setup error.:confused:

Initially I thought it related to the fact that I had no set time recordings... they are all series when its on and used the EPG grabber. So I've setup ICETV and a daily same time record to try out the scheduler. the startup time is shown correctly above as "20/06/2009 3:23:00 PM" nothing else appears to work.

IDEAS?

Thanks, HEATH

ItsAllNew

Portal Member
June 16, 2009
Perth
Home Country
FIXed....???

I had further plays and think I have found the issue....

I had specified in the standby time frame from 18 to 7 and this it does not appear to like.

When I changed this to 1 to 23 then it works just fine. And will come out of standby to record and go back again.

So is there any way to create a standby timeframe that will cross the midnight boundry?

Also I've setup the XMLTX, and want to know it this will wakeup the system, as I have disabled the EPG Grabber by unticking all days. Is this how this should be done?

Thanks,

HEATH

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    The XMLTV plugin on its own will not wake up the system. It is just the tool that imports tvguide.xml into the database whenever that file changes. If you are not using Web EPG, then you'll need to find another way (eg scheduled tasks) to wake up the PC to actually grab the guide. As soon as your grabber writes out tvguide.xml into the correct directory, xmltv will then import it.

ItsAllNew

Portal Member
    June 16, 2009
    Perth
    Home Country
    xmltv and power scheduler

Hi,

Additionally.... If you use XMLTV and scheduler together.... I was pained with the effort to get the import to work. I had scheduled a dummy tv record to run, with a XMLTV grad set for 5 minutes later.... But this morning, I found a plugin under the Media Protal config ( as opposed the TV server) which had a XMLTV wakeup plugin... Setting that for 2 minutes prior to the xmltv time.

So now, the MP scheduler wakes up the p.c. from Suspend, and then TV Server performs the download and import 2 minutes later. Should this be included in the MP doco to save some heart ache. Both the Power Scheduler and the XMLTV are included as part of the MP 1.0.2 distribution. They should be documented to work together.

It appears for all the rich features of MP, some are finding the info to set it up just too much. I think my wife is starting to bear a grudge that i ever discovered it.

My thoughts on this nearly great product!

Thanks again...

HEATH

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom