Wiki Power Scheduler (1 Viewer)

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I was browsning the Wiki and found some errors in the description of Power Scheduler.
    Power Scheduler - MediaPortal Wiki

The Wiki states that Power Scheduler doesn't support an multiseat environment, this is not true.

In a multiseat environment the PS Client Plugin will use local methods to handle power management. Furthermore the PS Client Plugin will keep the TV server alive, the TV server will not go to sleep until all clients are at sleep (or closed).

There also exists an option to wake the TV server (wol) when starting the client.

There is also a reference to the "orignal powerscheduler plugin" think this one is obsolete and removed.

Regards
    /jonas

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa
    Hi :)

Thanks for the report.
    I have never used it myself so i cannot comment on the detail.
    However, it seems like you are using it and you are certain about the detail, in which case it will be much appreciated if you are willing to update the wiki page for us.

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Well, I did a couple of patches (related to WOL, and keep server alive) some years ago. I have only used PS in multi seat mode, but nowadays I run the server 24/7.

I'll take a look at the wikit thingy.

Hm, did the updates, press saved, and my updates were gone !?

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks JBravo - it's very strange - Recent Changes (menu option in Wiki) shows that you edited the page (only formatting changes) , then reverted it to the previous version???? But when I check the Revision history for the page (click the date under 'Last Edit' below the Navigation Pane) it doesn't show any of that. Had you made many changes yet?

Normally you just do what you did - select Edit, make the changes, and Save. So I can't figure out how the page got reverted! :confused:

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    I did the changes (mostly removed stuff) - saved - but the changes weren't applied. I then reverted the page ~1 hour later.

I'll give it another try.

/j

JBravo

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 11, 2007
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Da da, fixed it. It was the IE9 "Compatibilty Mode" that screwed things up (the little button next to reload button in adress field).

Dadeo

Docs Group Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 26, 2006
    Himalayas, India
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Nice catch JBravo - I would never have thought of that IE9 compatibility mode! BTW Firefox since version 4 has problems navigating in Edit (arrow keys control the whole window and don't work in the editor window). I usually use Chrome for Wiki now. Opera also works. I haven't used IE in ages!

Thanks for the updates. Now you got your feet wet... ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom