PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.1.0 (discontinued) (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a new MediaPortal plugin to control power options with your keyboard or remote control!

Similar to some suggestions from other users and different threads (e.g. Keyboard Shortcut for Hibernate/Standby) I've created a small plugin.

Highlights:

• ability to activate hibernate/standby/shutdown mode with a single button

Important Information:

• This plugin is discontinued, please use SleepControl instead. Please send me a personall message, if you want to use it although.

Version History:

• 2010-01-09: v0.1.0 - initial release (experimental version)

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Re: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.1.0 (experimental version)

Hi 1stdead,
yesterday I had the same discussion. The idea behind ScreenControl is to manage screen functionalities, not power management. Because of this, I want to separate these functionalities. But maybe, currently it's only a experimental version - maybe I merge both plugins later.

Edit: Oops, it was my mistake. Yes, you are right: SleepControl (not ScreenControl I think before) is a good place for this functionality. Let's wait for the next major release of that...

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

1stdead

Portal Pro
February 1, 2008
Copenhagen
Home Country
Denmark Denmark
Re: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.1.0 (experimental version)

Yeah just thought that would be easier. And better to have proper updates and feedback from users. I know those are two different functionalities, but despite that both can be added into one plugin. I just think that 1 plugin would be better than 2. And then just use the stuff you need.

I've added danish translation for those who needs it :)

Btw. i thought "Do you want to activate hibernate mode for this Mediacenter?" sounded awkward if it was something you intended to do right now. So the danish translation is just "Do you want to activate hibernate mode?".:sorry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom