PowerControl plugin v1.10.0 for MediaPortal 1.3.0 and higher (2 Viewers)

Micropolis

Portal Pro
July 22, 2009
Bavaria
Home Country
Germany Germany
Here it is, a plugin to automate network related tasks for computer and network devices!

Highlights:
  • ability to control up to 5 network computer or devices
  • different action types (shutdown, hibernate, standby, restart, wake up) are supported
  • customizable time plans
Installation:
  • download and start the suitable installer file "PowerControl.mpe1" from the download repository
    or
  • download and extract the attached file "PowerControl.zip" from this post (MediaPortal v1.6 and above) and copy all required files to your MediaPortal directory manually (see manual below for detailed instructions)
  • download the 3rd party software package “PSTools” from here, unzip the file and copy the executable file psshutdown.exe into the windows directories, e.g. “c:\windows”
  • download the 3rd party executable file plink.exe from here into the windows directories, e.g. “c:\windows”
Skin Support:
  • StreamedMP
  • Maya
  • Blue3
  • Titan
Language Support:
  • english, german
Latest Changes (for a detailed version history, please consult the attached manual):
  • v1.7.0 – rework of configuration dialog, minor enhancements
  • v1.8.0 – functionality to share settings and profiles added, support for MediaPortal v1.12.0
  • v1.8.1 – rework of message management routines, improvements to sharing functionality, maintenance
  • v1.9.0 – support for plugin framework v1.4.0, support for MediaPortal v1.13.0
  • v1.9.1 – maintenance release, support for MediaPortal v1.14.0
  • v1.10.0 - re-compiled release, deconstruction of not work functionalities, support for MediaPortal v1.15.0 and higher

GUI Screenshots.JPG

This is a stable version and was tested with Windows 7 and Windows 8 only, please report any bugs in this thread.

If you would like to show your appreciation and also help me to continue to provide free software please make a donation by clicking here. Thank you.

Attachments

• PowerControl for MediaPortal.pdf
    648.7 KB
  • PowerControl v1.10.0.zip
    3.9 MB
Last edited:

Scrounger

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 21, 2009
    Stuttgart
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

Hi Micropolis,

great plugin, but :)

I look for a long time for a simple plugin to start my diffrent nas and clients inside from Mediaportal. This Plugin is exatcly what im looking for.
    Perhaps you can create a little gui just to wake up or shutdown diffrent servers / clients.Perhaps it would be possible to have some global variable to show on the basic home screen if the server is online or not.

That would be very nice :D

Guzzi

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 20, 2007
    AW: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

+1 to GUI for WOL and Onlinestatus for remotesystems

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi Scrounger, Guzzi,
    sure, that's the next logical step of plugin development roadmap. Please be patient, because of my longer business trip I can't do nothing currently.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

jojo1411

Portal Pro
    January 23, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

Thanks for your great work, Micropolis!
    I have an additional feature request for your Plugin. Ages ago I'm searching for an opportiunity that makes it possible to wake up my server over LAN by simply clicking on a specified path like \\Server\Movies in the MyVideos or Music-Plugin to access my movie or a music files stored on the remote machine. Could you make this possible with your Plugin?
    Currently, I wake up my Server after I switched on my HTPC. But the most time, I only watch TV on my HTPC and the server is needlessly running without any file access. So a WOL on demand would be nice!

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Re: AW: Re: PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.2.0

Hi jojo1411,
    currently I don't have enough experience, but certainly it's a good feature.
    I'll check some prospects in the next few days, but before I want to publish a version which has a GUI inside MediaPortal. Please understand, that this feature request will not be part of the next release.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

technick

Portal Pro
    May 6, 2009
    Home Country
    France France

Thanks for your plugin but I never need my NAS at fixed hours so in my case I need a "wakup on request" with GUI.

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi technick,
    sure, I'm working on this. My last post means only, that I don't have any experiences yet to wake up a device when clicking on a folder.
    Hopefully next weekend I can publish a version, which includes an optional human interface inside MediaPortal.

EDIT: I've attached a screenshot for the upcoming GUI.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

nachttier

Portal Pro
    March 31, 2006
    Viernheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

Hi!

I would like to join jojo1411's request for the ability to WOL by clicking on a folder under My Videos etc. I wanted to try implementing something like this myself, but I did not find the time yet. Would be great if you could do this!
    My idea was to extend the configuration dialog for e.g. 'Video Folders' with an optional section for WOL, similar to the FTP section that is already there. Furthermore I thought that most of the required code should already exist since TV servers can be woken up in the same way that is needed here. Maybe you can take a look at the functions that trigger the WOL for the TV server and copy that behavior.

Cheers,
    nachttier

Micropolis

Portal Pro
    July 22, 2009
    Bavaria
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    PowerControl plugin for MediaPortal v0.3.0

Dear community,
    the updated version v0.3.0 of this plugin is ready for downloading.

Informations for users:
    • GUI support and global property support introduced
    • Alive Check functionality added

Informations for skinners:
    • Please use the included skin template to create a appropriate skin file.

Cheers, Micropolis ;-)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom