PowerDVD 9! Any advantages for mediaportal user? (1 Viewer)

leviathan

Portal Pro
August 9, 2007
Hi,

I use Mediaportal with PowerDVD 8 Codec ( TV, DVD, general MPEG ) connected to my FullHD-Samsung-TV and it works good. But it could by there is always space to improve :) so my question is: Has anybody tried to use PowerDVD 9? Is it possible to use the "TrueHD" feature for my SD tv-program?

levi

revs

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 1, 2007
    The Sauce of Worcester
    Home Country
    Wales Wales
    I would stick with PDVD8. PDVD9 does not let you use the HD codecs in MP (although cant remember about SD).
    The TrueHD/TrueMotion etc are all software features that only work in the PDVD9 player, not Mediaportal.

Personally I have PDVD9, but use it for Blu-Ray. I have PDVD8 also installed for using the HD codecs.

svendis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2008
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    If you download the installers for those codecs from dvbsupport.com you are able to use the HD codec also.
    I use the PDVD8 for SD and PDVD9 for HD. The installers is named CLVD Pack and HD Pack.

Working great here :)

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    f you just want the relevant codecs, search your favourite torrent site for "dxva.rar", this contains the last working files.

svendis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 3, 2008
    Norway
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    weird.. I have used those packs for a year now without any problems and no "alarms" from antivirus

PatM

Portal Member
    May 14, 2009
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    About the blowfish trojan

If I remember correctly, blowfish is the one that McCaffee falsely identifies when it runs across nested compressed files (zip inside a zip). I'm not positive it was called blowfish but the name sure rings a bell. Had a problem last year with this where it flagged a pile of files that I knew to be clean (and that no other scanner flagged).

Might want to google it as I could be wrong about the name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom