pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi

I am about 80% done with a plugin that (in my view) will make the TV-part of MediaPortal faster to navigate and more intuitive to use. These are the features I will implement. If you think one or more features are useful, please take a minute to give feedback :)

I have made a build 1.1.0 Alpha, but not for previous versions, as things have changed a bit since 1.0.2 and I needed recent fixes for my project to succeed. At the moment I run the plugin on my HTPC and one client for testing.

The plugin is divided in a window-plugin and a process-plugin and replaces the normal TV-plugin.

FEATURES:
    • One click playback of recordings. Pressing "Play" while watching TV (or recorded TV) in fullscreen, will show a list of recorded TV on top of fullscreen tv. Navigate up/down to select one and playback will start.
    • One click recording in EPG. Navigating the EPG and pressing "Enter" will schedule a recording of the selected programme. Pressing "Record" will show the normal program-info window. "Enter" and "Record" function can be swapped if you like it the other way around.
    • While watching TV (or recorded TV) pressing "Play" twice will take your playback to the beginning of the file (or timeshift buffer). Pressing "Stop" twice will take you to the end (live point if TV).
    • While watching TV pressing "Stop" once will show active recordings, which you then can stop.
    • I have added an option to remove stacking of files in folders, in recorded TV. This is not finished yet.
    • If you were watching live-TV before you started playback of a recording, live-TV will turn on again when you are finished watching the recording (this requires that you have checked the two boxes "Turn on TV" and "Directly show fullscreen TV" in the TV-settings!)

INSTALLATION:
    This MOD requires that you run 1.1.0 Alpha (no SVN's, sorry).
    Attached to this post you will find two files, download and unzip them. Now follow these steps:

• Make a backup of your current TVPlugin.dll, place it somewhere else. This will enable you to restore normal functionality if you dislike my modifications.
    • Copy the new TVPlugin.dll to your windows-plugin directory: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\Windows
      Copy PowerPlay.dll to your process-plugin directory: C:\Program Files\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\plugins\process
    • Open MediaPortal configuration and configure the window-plugin "PowerPlay TV (window)" to suit your needs. The process-plugin can not be configured, but reads the same settings as the window-plugin.

One thing that I don't know if people will miss is the ability to stop live-tv from fullscreen. If you press stop on live-tv, the default TV-plugin shows you a dialog where you can choose to stop the stream or continue watching. This has always annoyed me. Why would I want to stop? If I want to watch something else or listen to music I'll do that...I may or may not put it in as an optional setting to keep this method. Wait and see :)

KNOWN BUGS/LIMITS:
    • Prepending numbers to recordings in Recorded TV. This setting does nothing yet
    • Disabling stacking of recordings looks funny when NOT using the date sort-method
    • Watched-counter and watched stop-time is not currently updated when you start playback from the new PowerPlay-list

Oh...and saving the timeshift-buffer as a file has been discussed MANY times, and while I personally would like this feature, it is REALLY complicated to actually program while preserving the base-code of TV. A possible way of doing it is to simply put in an extra button in MyTV and make that button do a hard-copy of the timeshift-buffer to a file in recorded TV. But I'm not doing it ;)

Attachments

• TvPlugin.zip
      30.6 KB
    • PowerPlay.zip
      30.6 KB

typisch_andi

Portal Pro
    August 5, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi pilehave

Wonderful ideas.

What do you think about an additional feature that saves the timeshift buffer as a TV-Record ?
    Could you realise this? Would fit to your plan...

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    First post updated, please test it and let me know what you think :)

joystick

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 26, 2006
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    One think I really would like to see (but it might be quite complicated to implement):

Placeshifting of Live TV: You watch TV on TV A then go to TV B and continue to watch from where you stopped on A (same with radio)

cheers

joystick

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Just a short update, looks like I have sorted out the TimesWatched and StopTime issues. I had problems making it work on rtsp-playback as I had only tested on the TV-server itself, which doesn't use rtps...oh boy, well it works now :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom