PowerScheduler client and mouse inactivity (3 Viewers)

Shoey Peachew

Portal Member
June 8, 2006
I'm new to MediPortal and some of the settings are still a bit confusing to me. I have PowerScheduler client setup to put my pc to Sleep after 15 minutes and to resume from Sleep for scheduled recordings. One thing I've noticed is PowerScheduler will put my pc to Sleep as I'm working on my desktop, which seems odd to me. I've added my web browser process in server settings to prevent it from Sleeping and as long as my browser is open I'm safe. I'm wondering if it's possible for the PowerScheduler client to put my pc to Sleep based on "mouse inactivity". Thanks.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    I'm wondering if it's possible for the PowerScheduler client to put my pc to Sleep based on "mouse inactivity". Thanks.

That would be a nice extra indeed, also the 15 minute countdown happens with IE7 open, so if you accidentally close IE, system immediately goes into standby because the tvserver has been idle for that time anyway.

This may not happen on MP1, but hopefully will be in MP2.

dero

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hm, this should work as the PSPlugin in TV-Server checks for last user input.
    Look for sth like

2008-02-17 18:08:32.703125 [12]: PowerScheduler: User input detected at 17.02.2008 18:08:29

in tv.log, which occur regulary and informs about last mouse and keyboard input.

Can you please post your tv.log?

Regards

dero

petsa

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2007
    Stockholm
    Home Country
    Sweden Sweden
    Hi,

I think it is TV3E that checks for user inputs, not MediaPortal. Check your tv.log file for "User input detected".

If the server and client run on the same machine it should work as you want, if they are on different machines it may not.

/Peter

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Shoey Peachew

Logs only read for a 7 minute period, and they seem to be busy grabbing epg.

If you have timeout set for 15 mins, is there anything else enabled like "force standby" or do not enter standby whilst grabbing epg enabled.

Busy recording at moment, will reproduce myself tomorrow morning, but for me mouse\keyboard inputs are definately not stopping standby

dero

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Please activate extensive logging in both MP and TV-Engine!!!

Regards

dero

Shoey Peachew

Portal Member
    June 8, 2006
    Shoey Peachew

Logs only read for a 7 minute period, and they seem to be busy grabbing epg.

If you have timeout set for 15 mins, is there anything else enabled like "force standby" or do not enter standby whilst grabbing epg enabled.

Busy recording at moment, will reproduce myself tomorrow morning, but for me mouse\keyboard inputs are definately not stopping standby

I would have to check those settings. It's strange, because I didn't have this problem today.

Basically, this is what happened:

1. Before, I set Windows to shut off my monitor after 10mins. Set Windows to Sleep at 15mins. Set PS to Standby at 15mins.

The problem was when MP is closed and I'm using my desktop PS would put my pc to sleep for no apparent reason. Also, when I'm watching TV my monitor would shut off after 10mins. Apparently, Windows can't tell if I'm watching TV and automatically shuts down my monitor. I solved my monitor issue my never allowing it to shutdown in Windows, but came here for help with PS putting my opc to sleep.

2. Now, I've set my monitor to never shut off. Set Windows to sleep after 15mins. Set PS to "Stay on" and only allow standby when on home window .

I think this works because when I'm at my desktop my pc doesn't sleep unless I've been inactive for 15mins and in MediaPortal it sleeps when I'm at my home window. Also, my monitor doesn't turn off when I watch TV. I'll see how it goes from here and if anything comes up I'll let you know. Thanks for your help.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    Set Windows to Sleep at 15mins. Set PS to Standby at 15mins.

For reliable recording, i would totally disable windows power settings, TVServer powerscheduler reliably puts pc into standby, allowing either recording or remote to restart windows.

dero

Always have debug enabled, but if you prefer extensive logging will do.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom