PowerScheduler++ test versions (1 Viewer)

michael_t

Portal Pro
November 30, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
The stable versions of PS++ (beginning from 1.2.3.1) are compatible with MP 1.3 now, so there is no more need for a special MP 1.3. alpha test version.

This thread deals with test versions of PowerScheduler++. Please do not use this thread for discussions about the stable version!

Michael

Last edited:

Truri

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 9, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++

Hi,

sounds very good :)
    I will give it a try when you release a version für MP 1.1.1

te3hpurp

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 23, 2008
    Rovaniemi
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Re: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++

+1

I will test immediately when 1.1.1 is available.
    If it does what you say, I'll give you thousand thanks.:D

Br,

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.0.2)

michael_t
    first i would like to thank for for your great efforts.

Perhaps you can answer me some question:
    1. Is it also working / tested against actual SVN (upcoming 1.2.0)?
    2. Does it work where PowerScheduler does NOT work? f.e. PictureSlideshows in Multiseat

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

disaster123
    1. Since I have no acces to actual SVNs I can only build / test against official releases (now 1.1.1)
    2. At the moment it requests away mode when the server is recording or timeshifting (ControllerActiveHandler), but it is very easy to add away mode to the other PowerScheduler standbyhandlers like NetworkMonitorHandler. If I remember right, there is also an ActiveShareHandler that is not activated by default. Maybe this would be the right approach. If you are interested, I could test it.

Michael

disaster123

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 14, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

@disaster123
    1. Since I have no acces to actual SVNs I can only build / test against official releases (now 1.1.1)
    2. At the moment it requests away mode when the server is recording or timeshifting (ControllerActiveHandler), but it is very easy to add away mode to the other PowerScheduler standbyhandlers like NetworkMonitorHandler. If I remember right, there is also an ActiveShareHandler that is not activated by default. Maybe this would be the right approach. If you are interested, I could test it.

Michael

To 1. Everybody has access:
    https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ntries-353/team-mediaportal-svn-access-69980/
    WebSVN - SubversionRepositories

Regarding To 2.
    ActiveShareHandler isn't working in MP - it is not fully implemented. I've posted a patch in the submit patches forum which really includes Sharehandling.
    But i meant the clientside Powerscheduler - not the serverside.

Jay_UK

Test Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • October 6, 2009
    Derby
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Re: [New Plugin] PowerScheduler++ (New Version 1.1.0.2)

Hi there,

Quick question, I believe this plugin might solve my needs. I run a single seat setup, which alo acts as my server to HTPC client. The single seat has the TV cards, movies/music etc.

At present when the power off button is pressed on the SS it suspends it, irrespective of background recording - so I believe this plugin will address that?

But how will it work for the HTPC client to the SS if the HTPC client is not watching TV (ie watching movies) - I was looking to use the network utilisation of the standard powerscheduler to detect there is a demand on the SS (so it wouldn't go into suspend)?

Thanks,

J.

michael_t

Portal Pro
    November 30, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany

disaster123
    Of course you are right - everyone has acces to the SVNs. But since I have no Visual Studio (only Visual Express C#) I cannot make new builds based on the newest versions in the SVN repository and the team doesn't provide nightly SVN builds any longer. So I have to wait for the next official release.

On the client side I did not change much on the code for user busy detection. It basically checks for media playing and user activity (mouse, keyboard, remote). A running slide show is not counted as media playing, but I think I could change this in the client plugin.

Jay_UK
    At present when the power off button is pressed on the SS it suspends it, irrespective of background recording - so I believe this plugin will address that?
    That's exactly the adressed scenario with PowerScheduler++ and away mode.
    But how will it work for the HTPC client to the SS if the HTPC client is not watching TV (ie watching movies) - I was looking to use the network utilisation of the standard powerscheduler to detect there is a demand on the SS (so it wouldn't go into suspend)?
    Network utilisation or watching active shares should work - probably in combination with away mode. As said before to disaster123, I could try to get it running if there is a need for it.

So I've got two feature requests so far:
    • no suspend during slide shows
    • away mode option for network activity / active shares
    Thank you very much for your feedback!

Michael

crazyboy

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 25, 2006

Hi, i have installed your plugin on MePo 1.1.1, i have configured it but it seem don't work...

I manual rec a tv program than i power off with remote control and my system going to sleep and not in away mode...

I have a single seat installation, i have set HTPC profile and enabled plugin in TV server and MePo client...

Can you help me???

Thank's

rekenaar

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 17, 2006
    Home Country
    South Africa South Africa

PS: After posting this thread I saw that there is a seperate "TV Server plugins" forum. I think it wold fit in better there. Maybe some kind moderator could move the thread to the "TV Server plugins" forum?

You got it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom