Premiere and DVB-EPG (1 Viewer)

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I'm unable to see the description of any program on the Premiere channels except the direkt channels. Instead of the description there's only the category (comedy, ...) or for series the show title.

Is it a bug, is it not provided by premiere (I don't think so) or is it a problem with my configuration?

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    I've noticed that many other channels don't have descriptions grabbed too.

And if there's a description for a programme it often begins with an 'e' with apostrophe or with 'alo' (the 'a' has also an apostrophe).

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    What happens if you press "refresh epg" in the "manual" section in tv-server? Do you recieve any program info then?

/Nyll

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Doesn't it delete all the program info that's already grabbed when pressing this button and start from zero?

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Doesn't it delete all the program info that's already grabbed when pressing this button and start from zero?

I think it does, but when I press "refresh" i recieve program discriptions for 1-2 days. If TV-server is automaticly updating epg, I don't recieve any program discription (only the program name).

/Nyll

Slurm

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • December 16, 2006
    Graz
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    Nothing has changed after pressing Refresh EPG.

Many channels still have no description. The Premiere Direkt channels aren't grabbed anymore and it seems to hang with grabbing epg for Das Erste.

All in all it didn't get better but even worse.

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hm then I believe there's nothing to do about it other than waiting for the devs to solve this problem?

/Nyll

Nyll

Portal Pro
    May 18, 2006
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    As long as the dvb-epg grabber in MP is not working as it should, there is another way of getting the program discriptions. It took a little while for me to figure out how, so here is the recipe:

1. Download XMLTV from sourceforge (and put the xmltv.exe in ...mediaportal\xmltv\ together with the grab-file for your country (fx tv_grab_dk)

2. configure xmltv by entering the following in the command prompt:
    xmltv tv_grab_xxxx --configure (where xxxx is the initials of your country)

3. Create a batchfile with the xmltv command line to generate a tvguide.xml
    xmltv tv_grab_xxxx --output c:\....\xmltv\tvguide.xml

4. Create a windows Scheduled task that runs once every day to execute the batchfile. In the "run-line" type fx.:
    "C:\Programmer\Team MediaPortal\MediaPortal\XMLTV\xmltv.exe" tv_grab_dk --output tvguide.xml

5. Configure the xmltv tvserver plugin with the directory of the tvguide.xml

6. Every time the batch file is executed, the tvserver will import the tvguide into MP

7. Enjoy the updated tvguide in MP with program discriptions.

Remember, that the epg is only updated correctly, when the name of your existing channels match exactly with the names in the tvguide.xml file. Do they not match, you'll have to edit the channel-names in tv-server setup.

Remember, that the xmltv import function only works if the tvguide.xml file is grabbed by xmltv. O2grabber, webepg (as far as i know) does not work together with this import function.

Remember, if you don't get any data into the epg, remember to uncheck the channels under tv-stations - tv epg grabber. Then "refresh epg" to erase the current data in your epg - Then run xmltv again to create a new tvguide.xml file and wait 1-2 minutes for tv-server to import the tvguide.xml file. Then it should work.
    Good luck! Any questions - feel free to ask.

/Nyll

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom