press record during a show (1 Viewer)

steve walton

October 9, 2008
Home Country
Just a question about pressing record during a show.
Lets say ive been watching a show from the beginning and half way through i decide its good and want:confused: to keep it.
If i press record in the middle of the show will it save it from the start of the show ( remember ive been watching from the start ) , as i'm sure mythtv does this?.
Thank you
Steve

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    No, unfortunately not. A couple of months ago I asked the same question, but nobody seemed to think it was worth implementing. I don't know if it's possible to rewind the live-tv buffer and record from the start, but don't think so :(

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    No, unfortunately not. A couple of months ago I asked the same question, but nobody seemed to think it was worth implementing

Feature freeze is the reason, especially as this would require some major changes to the way the timeshift works.

Lets say ive been watching a show from the beginning and half way through i decide its good and want to keep it.

The internal TV engine which records in dvr-ms will do this if timeshifting enabled, Unfortunately TVServer currently does not support this.

Seattle

Portal Pro
    August 21, 2008
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    :)

Are there any plans in the near future to implement this?

Thanks, SEA

rlevis

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 15, 2008
    Home Country
    New Zealand New Zealand
    I recently wanted to do the same, as my wife wanted to see the show I was watching, so I copied the files in the time shifting folder to a Video folder and played the files individually. Not ideal as the files are split every 256MB by default.

So I vote for this option as well, or at least a way to automatically combine the existing time shifting files into one file from the start of viewing, which I think would be reasonably simple to do. This would do in the meantime.

gunleik

Portal Member
    January 1, 2007
    Skien
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    This works in the classic tv-engine, and I where a big fan of it when I was using it. Bummer to discover that it don't work in tv-server/client solution.

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    The team is aware of that some users (including me) miss this option. As gunleik states it was possible with TVE2 (what he refers to as "classic TVE").

It is my understanding that this will be considered for the TVE that will be used for MP2, but still no decision to implement this in TVServer:sorry:

mpp_piotrp

November 15, 2008
    Home Country
    I would like to second the request for this feature.:D

pilehave

Community Skin Designer
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 2, 2008
    Hornslet
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    It should be possible to write a small plugin, that enables the user to clone the timeshift-buffer, then merge this into one file and put it in the recordings folder. So go on :D

Please :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom