Prevent problems with PVR-150/250/350: Cool it! (1 Viewer)

Wielke

Portal Member
October 27, 2005
Stevensweert
Have a PVR-350 in a Silverstone LC-02 case and had some weird problems with colors changing after a few minutes (weird colors) and have the solution to this weird behaviour.
Seems that these cards are very prone to heat problems. Put a small fan directly in front of it and all problems are gone.
In the case of the Silverstone LC-02: move the fan on the right front (pulls heat out of the case) to the left back next to the PCI and AGP slot and let it blow in cool air.

Users who are viewing this thread

Similar threads

If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint that the case cover plate must be curved as described in the document "Gehäusedeckel.pdf". This document describes how the cover must be bent. As the description in my document is in german I described the...
If you look a the content of the ZIP file and open "Deckenplatte.fpd" (german word for "case cover plate") you will find a hint...
After 8 years with my old Media Center PC – a Siemens Fujisu Activy 350 - it was time for something new. After some search in the...
Replies
Views
@etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/3-pin-pc-cooling-fan-speed-noise-reduction-cable-5-piece-set-35818 Variable fan speed controller $2.49 USD incl Worldwide P&P http://dx.com/p/12w-variable-speed-controller-for-pc-cooling-fans-21320 Most of HTPC noise is related to...
@etheesdad Add this to your guide 5x fan resistor $2.08 USD incl Worldwide P&P...
INTRODUCTION The following is intended to provide a general introduction for those interested in building a silent HTPC.. The...
Replies
Views
I know that Australia is on the other side of the globe from me, and when it's summer here, it's winther there, but do you also have christmas in the summer? ;) Just kidding, nice build, I wouldn't have thought that 1080p was possible with these specs. I think 1080i is gonna be a problem though...
I know that Australia is on the other side of the globe from me, and when it's summer here, it's winther there, but do you also...
Background I decided to build an HTPC as a gift for my Father In Law, to run on his Rear Projection TV (4:3). Objective was to...
Replies
Views
Same problem, using floppy dtv dvb-c and pvr-500 Hi, I have kind of the same issue, but not exactly. I have installed Mediaportal 1.0 with tv-server. Every thing works perfect with my digital floppy dtv dvb-c now. I now want to use my additional tuner card, pvr-500, so that I can watch and record more channels at the same...
Same problem, using floppy dtv dvb-c and pvr-500 Hi, I have kind of the same issue, but not exactly. I have installed...
TV-Server Version: 1.0 MediaPortal Version: 1.0 MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Windows Version: Windows XP SP3 CPU Type: Athlon 64...
Replies
Views
Hi Ben, have to admit clearly , yours inside looks more professional ! You suck off the hot air, don't you ? Interesting approach. Regards /Gerd
Hi Ben, have to admit clearly , yours inside looks more professional ! You suck off the hot air, don't you ? Interesting...
Hi all, finally I decided to present my decent, budgetary HTPC and like to share some of my experiences from my HTPC- hobby. Yes...
Replies
Views
Top Bottom