prevent system to standby while recording (1 Viewer)

chillertje

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Windows 7
CPU Type: 4450e
HDD: 2x 500
Memory: 2gb
Motherboard:m2n
Video Card: gf 6200
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Fire dtv
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card: Hauppauge pvr500
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Logitech harmony
TV: Samsung 40 inch
TV - HTPC Connection:HDMI

I use a single htpc , and i use the powersheduler to wake up my system when it's on standby for a recording.
But when i am recording a show and i press the powerbutton on my mce remote it shutdown the system.

Is there a workaround for this? i know that i can use powerscheduler to select a program that prevent standby, but that doesn't work with a recording.

So i need some setting to prevent the system to go into standy while recording. A idle timeout solution doesn't work, because my mce remote use on/off as a single command.

chillertje

Portal Member
October 16, 2008
srry i should have post my fix :D

I have found the solution for this and it's very easy.
step1: tel windows powermanagement that it won't do anything when i press the powerbutton or sleepbutton.
step2: use the powersheduler to shutdown the server when there is no activity for x minutes. (there's is also a mp powersheduler client but i don't use it)

I use one extra setting: only shutdown on basic home screen. And i have told the powersheduler not to shutdown the system when IE is active. So i can use my mediacenter to browse some sites. It works perfect.

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    srry i should have post my fix :D

I have found the solution for this and it's very easy.
    step1: tel windows powermanagement that it won't do anything when i press the powerbutton or sleepbutton.
    step2: use the powersheduler to shutdown the server when there is no activity for x minutes. (there's is also a mp powersheduler client but i don't use it)

I use one extra setting: only shutdown on basic home screen. And i have told the powersheduler not to shutdown the system when IE is active. So i can use my mediacenter to browse some sites. It works perfect.

Yep, that it the only way to handle it as MS has changed the power management in Vista / Win 7 in such way that applications cannot block the standby requests. This is caused by the fact that 3rd party developers haven't known what they are doing and have blocked the S3/S4 states when they aren't needed to be blocked -> power consumption is increased and battery lifetime is going down the drain. So, nothing that we can do and the blame is not on MS side.

chillertje

Portal Member
    October 16, 2008
    he said that vista/win 7 powermanagement has changed. So it looks like it's works with XP.
    But why don't u use the powersheduler with the basic home screen?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom