Preview failed: NoVideoAudioDetected (TV Server 1.0) (1 Viewer)

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
TV-Server Version: 1.0 (dedicated server)
MediaPortal Version:
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: XP pro, SP3
CPU Type: P4, 1.8 Ghz
HDD: Samsung, 120Gb
Memory: 256 Mb, MSI (2 modules)
Motherboard: MSI, MS-6545
Video Card: Geforce2 MX 100/200
Video Card Driver: 6.14.10.9371
Sound Card: CMI8738/C3X PCI on motherboard
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver: 5.12.1.642
1. TV Card: ASUS MyCinema P-7131
1. TV Card Type: Analog
1. TV Card Driver: Philips SAA7133/35, Hybrid Capture Device
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec:
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Ziggo
HTPC Case: (Black)
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi,

I have installed TV Server 1, when I try a preview on a scanned channel, I keep getting the message:
Preview failed: NoVideoAudioDetected
Does anyone have a solution for this?

All I could find in the Forums was that I should check/change the Recording and time shift directories.
I did, however this did not solve the problem.

Anyone idea's?

(I have Cyberlink PowerCinema installed, there everything seems to work)

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Ok, I have not been sitting still, and made some progress by myself.
Here a little overview of the things I did.

I did a Clean install of my PC,
- Installed my TV tuner (ASUS mycinema-P7131),
According to the (limited) instructions of ASUS.
(With this installation PowerDVD7 is installed)
- Installed Power Cinema, card works OK with powercinema
- Then installed TVServer 1.0, the TV server sees the card but cannot scan for chanels.

- Then I replaced the asus driver with the one from Philips an manualy installed this driver over the ASUS
(it says during this install if you want to overwrite with an older file, do this)
driver used: see attachment.
- TVServer 1.0 sees this card also, and can scan for chanels,
however preview gives the message:
Preview failed: NoVideoAudioDetected again.

-Then I looked in the log and saw this line:
2009-01-03 20:46:20.575912 [13]: card: WaitForTimeShiftFile - no audio was found after 15,0015712 seconds
This looks like my Audio is not working.

So I decided to install some extra software encoder (from Intervideo)
I also changed the priority of these Intervideo codecs to 1.
Now my Preview works, AT least it shows a static picture, and no sound.
Also my HTPC can see the TVserver and shows the chanels, it also shows static picture, and no sound.

So it seems that I solved my first problem, now I have to solve static picture, and no sound.
If you have any idea's? :D already

Attachments

• SAA713xBDA_MCE_Release.v1.3.4.zip
    30.7 KB

tranzition

January 12, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I have a very similar problem. Same card, installed PowerCinema and the card works within this program.
However in MP, I can scan the TV channels but can't preview them (same error message & log entry).
It seems you have to install software encoders... but I can't find out where you can get them. You mentioned the Intervideo encoders, where can I find them?

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Hi Tranzition,

I searched for these MPEG 2 encoders via usenet (newsgroups)
Some info you can find here (I am not sure if this works in Belgium)
Handleiding: Downloaden met SABnzbd | Binaries4all Usenet handleidingen

However the Intervideo encoders did not do the complete job.
I only see a frozen picture, so currently I am searching for other encoders, hoping they wil work.
Let you know if it does.

Maybe My TVserver system is not powerfull Engough, but I will first try the encoders, and then change the system.

tranzition

January 12, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
I downloaded the "MainConcept MCE Encoder" in demo version, now I can get a preview, but same problem as you: I see a frozen picture... :-s
unfortunatly, I don't have a Usenet account, and the "free" news servers in Belgium are not very numerous... so if you find something, let me know! I'll do the same

edit: I think for our tv card, the Cyberlink encoders are recommended... can't find them though...

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
With my Asus-P7131 came 2 cd's, one with drivers, one with PowerCinema.
The Cyberlink drivers are included on these cd's.
If you install the MCE plugin, via the CD-tree (not via setup pop-up) it installs PowerDVD6, with the encoder's.
However, they do not seem to work, because the give Preview failed: NoVideoAudioDetected.

The mainconcept encoders are also included on the Driver CD under MCE plugin directory, but on my system the do not show as installed.

Have you tried the analog patch?

It does not work for me ;-)

tranzition

January 12, 2009
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
When i start TV in MP (so not the preview in de tv server configuration), i also got a still image. Strange thing is, when i record for a couple of seconds and afterwards view the recorded video, i actually see the recorded video, so no still image. (without sound but i guess that's the next problem to solve :-p)

FYI: i installed the "MainConcept MPEG2 Software Encoder" from the driver cd (folder "MCE plug-in", file "setup.exe")

ShoopNL

Portal Pro
January 12, 2008
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I have also a 'still image' when I start TV in MP (so not the preview in de tv server configuration, TVClient)

I did not try the recording yet, will try it this evening.

mrkazino

January 13, 2009
Same issues with MP and asus card

I have the same setup and similar results and I have also run through several scenarios and have yet to get MP working.
I've reinstalled MP and the card several times, tried both databases, several of the tips in this forum all to no avail.
My card works fine with MyCinema and the rest of the CyberLink PowerPak. I also use it to connect video recorders and old 8mm cameras to Pinnacle. I've even recorded off the card into Pinnacle.
But repeated attempts to view TV via MP keep ending with the No Audio/No Video message.
The scan seems to work as it does find all the channels but the preview doesn't work nor anything else for TV viewing.
I'm interested to see if anyone on this thread gets this working.

givendale

Portal Member
June 6, 2007
Home Country
After much pain and suffering this is how if fixed it for my setup

HI All,

I found this issue after doing a complete rebuild of my machine (twice!!!)

I have a Leadtek DVT1000 and a DIVCO FusionHDTV Dual Digital 4 tuner. Having installed all the drivers for both cards and then installing MP 1.0 I tred to scan on the DVT1000 but received no signal, on the first install I successfully scanned for channels but could not preview.

I then uninstalled MP, and unistalled all of the cards from device manager and all associated software i.e PVR2 app and the Divco applications. Reboot.

I then installed ALL of the DVT1000 software and drivers (including PVR2 software). Reboot

Installed MP and did a successful channel scan and preview (Yee Hah!!!) Configured the mappings and configured TV Server and Client as normal. Checked in the client and all worked as it should.

I then installed ONLY the drivers for the DIVCO card. Reboot.

TV Server found the 2 new tuners (dual tuner card) and I mapped the channels from the DVT1000. Checked and all working.

I'm not sure if this will work for you but I thought I would write it up anyway.

Good luck, Givendale. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom