Preview failed:NoVideoAudioDetected (1 Viewer)

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
Test with new DVB-S hardware:devolo TV SAT
After the first tests I was going to give up because the BDA drivers seemed not to be compatibel, but now it looks that there is a way to get it running.
From devolo support I got the hint, that the hardware will run with DVB Watcher. For tests I allways use TransEdit - I downloaded the latest release and viola : all programs work fine with TransEdit (the older release did not work).

So I started again to test with TV-Server (no Client, just TV Setup). To get a clean log I switched off the EPG grabber and was astonished to see "Das Erste" in preview after the first attempt to switch to that channel. Further tests showed that many channels work reliably, some only sometimes and others never. It seems there is no dependency from H/V or high/low transponders.
My impression is that transponders with only few channels work fine and such with many channels make trouble.
Also the history seems to be important (which could explain why it never worked with EPG grabber switched on).
From the DVB Watcher forum I read something about Hardware PID Filters and this brings me to the idea that the device can work with TV Server, if it would be recognized as that specific hardware and the hardware filters would be switched on by TV Server (like with DVB Floppy). Hope I understood this correct :confused:

Attached the TV Server logs (Das Erste, ZDF and RTL worked, RTL II did not)
Das Erste is quite reliable, but ZDF mostly does not work, Pro7 or SAT1 worked never (even immediately after restarting TVService). Russia Today works always:D
The log messages like:pROBLEM : "descriptor lengths dont match 7 10" also appear when the cannel works.

I used the current drivers from Devolo website (software-dlan-tv-sat-dvbs-v4.exe) and the firmware 2.44.
The setup is: LNB(quad)-->devolo SAT TV-->Network-->switch-->PC (Powerlan not used)

Can a developer please have a look to this ?
How can I help implement that device into MP ?
Is there a way to make TVServer believe, it has another hardware (such with hardware pid filter) ? (Just for test)

Thanks,
Gregor

GregorV

Portal Pro
October 2, 2007
Bonn
Home Country
Germany Germany
update

Meanwhile I installed the 1.1 BETA and after that it seems to work better. Currently I can see all channels except most HD channels. EinsFestival HD works but Das Erste HD and ZDF HD don't. As scanning the Astra 19° Transponder 11362 does not find any channel (no signal) I added the channels Das Erste HD and ZDF HD manually but they don't work. Log attached (start TVService, switch to 'Das Erste', works, switch to 'Das Erste HD', does not work.
With TransEdit I can scan this Transponder and also view the HD channels here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom