Private Message Limit (1 Viewer)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
June 7, 2007
Texas
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
I am curious why there is a limit on the number of private messages that can be stored in our inbox/sent items folders here on the forum. I am not sure why but my limit is only 50 messages total. I probably use PMs more than most people but currently I have to clear out half my messages every two weeks, and I don't see this number going down. I have talked to some people that said their limit is 100, but still, why a limit at all? Compared to the history data stored for the forum itself, PM history has to be minuscule, so why force people to delete old messages?

high

Administrator
  • Team MediaPortal
  • August 31, 2004
    Isselburg/NRW
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Unlimited PNs increase the database-load on every connect as this waste has to be loaded. Its just one small point on a list of things that are limited so the forum stays as fast as it should be without buying new hw every 6 months. Ive increased the limit a bit but that doesnt mean you shouldnt clean up your folders from time to time (just export the whole PN-content if you need a history).

Btw, Donators get a pretty higher PM-limit ,)

fforde

Community Plugin Dev
    June 7, 2007
    Texas
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Thanks for the info High. I guess I will just setup a spreadsheet to store my history.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom