Probelms with latest SVN's (1 Viewer)

trevor

Portal Pro
October 17, 2006
Chelmsford
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
@trevor: Could you create new logs at debug-level? Those might contain usefull info.
In the meantime I'll do some more tests to see if i can get it to crash.

Thanks Symphy,

I have suppied Mediaport.log and error.log at debug level, looking at them no sure there is much more in them.

Setup

Running form a clean/default Mediaportal install, PureAudio only additional plugin.

Vista Ulitmate 32bit
Realtek ALC882 sound chip
MP 0.2.3
SVN 17778 (7th Feb)
PureAudio 0.1.3.2
Skin Blue Two
ASIO4ALL V2.8

Configuration

ASIO4ALL - only SPDIF channels enabled
MP Music - ASIO disabled
PureAudio ASIO Ouput Enabled - Configured channels Realtek HDA SPDIF Out 1 & 2

Test

Try an play std .mp3 file followed by DTS file

Result

No crash, file fails to play, no sound or visual feedback.

Reinstalled SVN 17453, reset the ASIO control panel, eveything becomes enabled again and run the same test, logs attached and everything then works again.

Note: Odd thing there is I had to rename the DTS file from .wav to .dts before it would play...that may be an oddity in the testbed setup.

Hope that helps

Trevor

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanx for this detailed info. I found the problem is related to the CUE file support that was added recently to MP. Probably more player plugins are broken now, because they changed something in the IPlayer interface...
    Anyway i'll fix it, as soon as i figured out why the latest SVN sourcecode in not in my devenv...

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country
    Probably more player plugins are broken now, because they changed something in the IPlayer interface...

That is a yes, I was trying everything today including all external players and they are all non functional as well.

Good you have found the problem and thanks for the fast response....

trevor

Portal Pro
    October 17, 2006
    Chelmsford
    Home Country

Thanks for this, the good news is the plugin now works fine when using 'Windows Device' as the output...the bad news, and there is nothing I think you can do about this, is that using ASIO4ALL as output device causes instant crash of MP.

Just lose the ability to play DTS audio using a windows device...back to white noise..

This is exactly the same behaviour that is present in the native ASIO so along with the cue file stuff breaking the external plugin i/f it looks like something also broke ASIO4ALL support! So much for a feature freeze :)

Again thanks for fixing this plugin, very much appriciated.

Trevor

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thanx for letting me know. I'm running 17778 now on M-Audio ASIO, and that works fine. I'll try ASIO4ALL and see what happens.

Just tried ASIO4ALL 2.8 and that works for me, so i'm afraid we'll have to look further..

Symphy

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • August 25, 2007
    Groningen
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    Thnx for drawing my attention to it.
    Do i get it right when i say that SVN 17454 and up crashes and SVN 17453 is ok, also on Vista? In that case somebody should find out what's been changed in 17454. Maybe i can find some time for that..

sdf

Portal Pro
    September 29, 2006
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Ok,
    I had a look at the dev notes, but the only thing that changed is support for .cue files (after a while removed).
    Dont' know how to help,
    thank you
    sdf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom