Problem debugging process plugin (1 Viewer)

Anikis

August 29, 2012
Home Country
Canada Canada
Hi guys!

My friends and I are working on a process plugin that controls MP with the Kinect. We basically intialize the kinect and look for gestures which, when recognized, will cause an action to be sent to MP, to be handled by MP's action handler.

Current Status: When we enable the plugin and start media portal, it crashes as soon as someone steps into the Kinect field of view (null exception).

What we want is to run a debug build of media portal, set breakpoints, and then step through the code to see what's failing. I have no idea how that's done :unsure: so I tried the following:

Load the media portal solution in VS 2010
Add an exisiting project (our process plugin),
Build it in Debug mode

When I click play, I get the following error before MP even starts up: System.BadImageFormatException was unhandled.

Please check the attached error log for details. Any help would be greatly appreciated! For what it's worth, I did not get this exception before our process plugin project was added, so it is most likely responsible.

Attachments

• Exception.txt
    2.2 KB

tourettes

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 7, 2005
    Using machine configuration file from C:\Windows\Microsoft.NET\Framework64\v4.0.30319\config\machine.config

Could be related to .NET 4.0. As far as I know it is not possible to use .NET 4.0 based plugins / DLLs in .NET 3.5 application.

Anikis

August 29, 2012
    Home Country
    Canada Canada
    Thanks Tourettes,

Actually it was the Target Platform option in the configuration manager. I needed to change it to x86 for our process plugin. That got rid of the BadImageFormat exception, but now the plugin is not being initialized.

If I run the media portal Configuration.exe file from the bin\Debug folder, I don't see our plugin showing up. I guess the .dll and .pdb files were not copied over to the right directory. Any ideas where they should go? Do they need to be copied over to multiple directories?

Thank you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom