Problem fixed, but I can't understand how to do it (regsvr32, batch file...) (1 Viewer)

alanmoore

Portal Member
August 31, 2007
Home Country
Spain Spain
Hi, guys! My first post here. I have an X10 remote controller (Toshiba MCE PX1246E-1ETC) with a problem of double clicks in Media Portal. The bug has been exposed and fixed before in this forums, so I know how to fix it.

https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/x10_remote_experiencing_double_clicks-t11986.html

In theory there is no problem to fix it, according to the link above. However, I can't understand how to implement the solution proposed. Here's the solution (thanks to diehard2):

Uninstall your remote control software. Don't just kill it. Make sure it is gone. Make sure Girder is not running if you have that.

Search your harddrive for x10net.dll (make sure to look in system and hidden folders)
create a text file in that directory (unreg.bat or something) and have the text read

regsvr32 /u x10net.dll

execute the batch file and do this for each x10 dll and then rename it to x10net.dll.old. Go to

http://www.snapstream.net/download/Firefly_Drivers.aspx

and execute the file. You may not get a dialog or confirmation, I can't remember. Search for where this file is located and execute a "regsvr32 x10net.dll" in that directory. You should get a box stating that the operation succeeded. Now, see if you get the double click behavior and report back.

I know It's my fault, I should know what a batch file is, or what the hell means "have the text read regsvr32 /u x10net.dll", but I don't. My remote controller is experiencing double click problems and the fix is out there, but... Can anyone explain to me in a more comprehensible way what do I have to do to make my remote work properly, according to the link above?

Thanks a lot.

FlipGer

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 27, 2004
    Leipzig, Germany
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi,

well you do not really need a batch file. It would make some steps easier, but you can also type in the command directly.

Anyway: A batch file is a simple text file which contains commands.
    - So rightclick on the desktop: new->textfile
    - open the new textfile for editing and insert the text: regsvr32 /u x10net.dll
    - save the textfile and rename it (rightclick->rename)
    - name it unreg.bat (you have to activate in windows the view on file extensions)
    => or just use the file I attached.... :)
    - copy the unreg.bat wherever you find the x10net.dll and simply run it (doubleclick)

HTH,
    Flip.

alanmoore

Portal Member
    August 31, 2007
    Home Country
    Spain Spain
    Thank you very much, you've been very helpful. Unfortunately, the Firefly driver doesn't seem to work with my remote. I'm not sure this is the right thread to ask questions about it. I guess I will have to ask for help in the original "double click problem" thread.

Anyway, thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom