Problem getting music to work when music is on an external hard drive (1 Viewer)

Billy262

June 8, 2007
Cowpie, Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Hi, as you can see I can not get MP to reconize my 300GB worth of lossless content on a 320GB Maxror external HD. With WMP 11 it just drags over and it is in that library, not with MP. Any ideas? I have an HP Pav753n with a 2.53 Pent 4, 1024 DDR(upgraded), using SP2, have McAffee running for Antivirus, got an ATI Radeon 9550 doing graphics. Thanks for any help. The few Cds in the My Music file on my COMPUTERS OWN HD work great with MP and I would realy like to put my whole collection on there. Have a good day guys.

Billy262

June 8, 2007
Cowpie, Wisconsin
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
No, the problem is not playing music. The Music will not go into the library from the EXTERNAl HD, just the internal one, and most of my music is on the ext. Thanks for the reply

butterflies

Portal Member
December 12, 2007
Did you solve your problem? I have the same problem. MP does not see the external HDD and its content. If you solved it, please let me know how.
Thanks

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Have you added that hdd as a share in MP Configuration -> Music -> Music Folders?
    If you have & it don't work please attach all logs to your post so we can see whats wrong.

Regards
    Roy

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom