Problem Importing Anime MP-TV Series (1 Viewer)

KalC

December 8, 2009
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi all looking for a bit of help, MP-TV Series Plugin seems to have a problem importing some of my TV Shows - mainly Dragon Ball Z.

I have most of the episodes of Dragon Ball Z for all seasons. I have them organised on my HDD like this:

TV Shows>Dragon Ball Z>Season 1>1x1
TV Shows>Dragon Ball Z>Season 2>2x1
etc...

The problem is that the plugin imports the information for all episodes from Season 1 perfectly, but doesnt import anything after Season 1. Season 2 onwards gets skipped, even with the same naming type.

I have checked on TVDb.com also, to see if the season's on their actually exists - which it does. (Dragon Ball Z - TVDb.com)

I cant figure out what it is im doing wrong. Does anyone have any advice?

Thank you very much

RoChess

Extension Developer
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 10, 2006
    If you rename the actual episode '2x1.avi' that you have into: "Dragon Ball Z S02E01.avi" does it get picked up correctly then?

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country
    Isn't there a plugin for anime specifically? Anime and TV are different, for me anyway, I'd keep them separate.

KalC

December 8, 2009
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    If you rename the actual episode '2x1.avi' that you have into: "Dragon Ball Z S02E01.avi" does it get picked up correctly then?

Isn't there a plugin for anime specifically? Anime and TV are different, for me anyway, I'd keep them separate.

Thank you both for your input!

RoChess - You are a life saver! It worked as soon as i tried it :) thank you so much

bradmitchell - Im unaware of a plugin for Anime? Would be a good idea to have though as I have quite alot of Anime series that TVDb doesnt store.

bradmitchell

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • November 17, 2009
    Home Country

Thank you both for your input!

RoChess - You are a life saver! It worked as soon as i tried it :) thank you so much

bradmitchell - Im unaware of a plugin for Anime? Would be a good idea to have though as I have quite alot of Anime series that TVDb doesnt store.

Check out My Anime 2: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/mediaportal-plugins-47/my-anime-2-a-60793/. I downloaded this a week ago but I haven't actually looked at it much. It looks pretty compreshensive and I'm guessing the main reason why most of your anime are not found is due to the DB being hit. There are usually fairly specific TV DB's which contain mostly TV although you might find more generic and well-known stuff like DBZ. The more obscure or rather, anime that wouldn't be put on TV in various countries would be on a more anime specific DB. Try out that addon anyway. I'd be interested to see how good it is. It sounds very similar to My TV Series in many ways.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom