Problem: myPrograms -> Add PC Games (1 Viewer)

G.B. Wolf

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • March 22, 2007
    Braunschweig
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hi folks,

I encountered a problem while playing around with the bult-in myPrograms: I tried to add some PC Games to it, so that I can launch them from MP:

First try:
    I added a "application launcher" and linked it to the exe of a game, but I didn't found a possibility to add an image to be used as a thumb in MP.

Second try:
    I added a "file launcher", set it to shell execute and added the game exe as a "file". There I can add an image and even the full description which would nicer than the app. version, but I didn't get the games to start. There were an error entry in the log where the pathname - which includes spaces - has been splitted to file + argument.

Third try:
    I wrote me a little batch file which takes the exe as an argument and then starts it. This works fine and I can add game infos.

A problem of this approach could be, that MP is still running in the background, so my HTPC has to spare its sources between MP and the game.

So... what is the best (working) solution for my issue? I wanted to try EasyApps, but it's not compatible with my 0.2.2-SVN installation.

Best regards
    Wolf

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom