Problem resuming from standby (1 Viewer)

TheButler

Portal Member
January 28, 2006
Area: Media Portal Program
MediaPortal Version: 0.2.0.0 RC2 (2006-02-13)
MediaPortal Skin: BlueTwo
Windows Version: Windows XP (SP2)
.NET CLR Version: 2.0.50727
DirectX Version: 4.09.00.0904 (9.0c)
Audio Codec: MPEG/AC3/DTS/LPCM Audio Decoder
Video Codec: InterVideo Video Decoder
CPU Type: Intel Pentium D - 3.00GHz
Memory: 1 GB
Motherboard: MS-7204 (MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD)
TV Card Model: MedionSAA7131
TV Card Type: Software (Not Sure)
TV Card Driver: 1.3.3.0
Video Card Model: Nvidia Geforce 6700 XL (128 MB)
Video Card Driver: 82.65
Video Card Resolution: 1280x768
Video Render Type: VMR9
Audio Card Model: Realtek High Definition Audio
Audio Card Driver: 5.10.0.5152
Synopsis::

Hi
I have been trying to get mediaportal set up on my PC (Medion 8800) for the past 2 months and am getting very close to it working as I would like. I have a problem with resuming from standy when in full screen mode. After pressing the power on button to resume from standby I just get either a black screen or if the TV menu screen does come up then I have lost the tuning of the channels and have to close down MP and restart. Have tried it with and without power scheduler. Any help would be much appreciated.
Just like to thank everyone involed in MediaPortal for all thier hard work.

Don't know if this helps
Error Log
14/02/2006 02:09:23 Exception: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at MediaPortal.Player.g_Player.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.FakePlayer.MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.IPlayer.Play(String strFile)
at MediaPortal.Playlists.PlayListPlayer.OnMessage(GUIMessage message)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.SendMessageHandler.Invoke(GUIMessage message)
at MediaPortal.GUI.Library.GUIWindowManager.SendMessage(GUIMessage message)

Taipan

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • February 23, 2005
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Australia Australia
    Do you have MediaPortal at the "home" screen before you put the PC to Standby - or is it still in MY TV and displaying a TV channel?

It is possible that your TV card will not handle resuming from Standby correctly - have you tried using just the TV Application that came with your card (the MedionSAA7131) to see if it will resume from Standby correctly? Make sure that MediaPortal is closed before you do this test.

wewe

Portal Pro
    August 3, 2005
    Herxheim
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    go to MP 0.1.3! (CVS 26.8.)

You can put it to standby from fullscreen or from any menu. After resume you are getting back to MP home menu.

Also 0.1.3. is stable and reliable versus 0.2 that is under heavy development and changes from CVS to CVS.

Also powerscheduler is working as expected under 0.1.3.

thanks+regards
    WeWE

TheButler

Portal Member
    January 28, 2006
    Thanks for the replies. The problem only exists in full screen mode. It's fine in the home screen and my TV with TV playing. Don't think it's a problem with the TV card as I also have Power Cinema loaded and have no problem resuming from standby in that. I havn't used RC1.3 as RC0.2 was released when I started with mediaportal. I am reluctant to go back to RC 1.3 as though I have had many problems setting it up, most of them have been cured by the latest CVS. It also supports X10 remote which I am using. Don't know if this a small bug or something specific to my machine. If it is a bug then hopefully it will be cured soon. The speed the Devs work amazes me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom