problem running startup wizard (1 Viewer)

rodgers.tom

Portal Member
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Hi all,

Im building a new media centre and trying to install mediaportal as an alternative to MCE. Having real problems with it I try to begin by running the quickstart wizard, select my region from the available list on DVB broadcasting stations and click next. The window then freezes on the scanning screen and never gets anywhere!!! does anyone have any ideas?

The system I'm running is;

pentium 4 2.8
1gb ram
win XP pro SP2
Twinhan Ter d+a tv card (pci)

All decoders etc are generic as supplied with windows, I've not yet installed anything, was hoping someone could help me with a starting point?

thanks guys, appreciate it!

Tom:D

rodgers.tom

Portal Member
December 9, 2007
Home Country
Hi again guys, thanks for the reply

I tried running that path you gave me and i get the error message 'unable to create a graph for this device' am I doing something wrong or could this be the problem?

thanks all

Hi guys, someone suggested I reinstall my hardware and that solved it right away! great tv and easy set-up from there, everything is working great now with a few bugs. Maybe someone has found a way round these?

The first and most annoying is when watching TV and viewing the TV guide, the screen flashes about every 2 secs and the epg disapears, the sound remains constant and when the guide reapears a fraction of a sec later its in the place where i left it so its not actuallly closing entirely. The same thing happens on the overlayed sky-style guide but not on the now and nnext menu, any ideas?

The other problem is when playing TV and switching to fullscreen view the prog crashes. If i turn the TV off and then go to fullscreen I dont get a problem at all. I can solve it this way but if there's a better way I'd sure appreciate it!

thanks a lot for your help

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    The first and most annoying is when watching TV and viewing the TV guide, the screen flashes about every 2 secs

What Graphics card and driver are you using.

The other problem is when playing TV and switching to fullscreen view the prog crashes. If i turn the TV off and then go to fullscreen I dont get a problem at all. I can solve it this way but if there's a better way I'd sure appreciate it!

That a Directx issue that MP has never been able to overcome, yes stop video of any description playing, then resize.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom