[Problem] - TV Server MySQL freezing -SOLVED (1 Viewer)

intimidatorx31

May 21, 2011
Alrighty this is my first post/first thread here at MP.

Problem: Upon installing & configuring Media Portal TV server, setting up the database MySQL freezes and crashes.
Solution: Download and run a newer version of MySQL (current as of May 21, 2011 is MySQL ver 5.5.1)

Pretty much i was strugglin to figure out why the MySQL would freeze and would not create the database.
Searched on google and this forum and found things that kinda worked but didnt fully resolve my issue.

After about 5 hours and some change, i believe i found an easy solution to the problem: Download newest version of MySQL server. This version is 5.5.1 i believe while the one that MediaPortal automatically downloads is 5.1 (which is buggy)

Downloads:
----------------------------------------Scroll down to the very bottom for the mirror----------------------------------------

Comments: On the other threads ive read, they recommended that you the MySQL program via as administrator (to avoid freezing/crashing) however that worked for some and not for others. Ive also read on another forum that you should delete certain files in the C:\ProgramData\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1\data and delete everything except the MySQL folder that is contained in that directory (this is to get rid of old data im assuming), and re-run the ver 5.1 of MySQL server in administrator mode (right clicking the exe file and choosing run as administrator). The version 5.1 is buggy and the newer version is working flawlessly. I knew it had nothing to do with my OS, as i had just reformatted & installed 64bit Win7.

All in all i know this will potentially help a lost soul on these forums.
Hope this helps

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom