Problem with analog tv on W2K8 (1 Viewer)

wima

Portal Member
June 25, 2007
TV-Server Version: RC3
MediaPortal Version: RC3
MediaPortal Skin:
Windows Version: Vista or XP
1. TV Card: Hauppauge PVR-150
1. TV Card Type: Analog

Hi
I have running DVB-S/S2, DVB-T and Analog TV on my 64bit Windows Server 2008. It works, but sometimes the picture of live tv (analog channels) is very bad.
attachment.php

Restart the TvService does not help, but when I restart the computer, the picture is good. Until later...

What could I do?
Thank you for Tips
wima

Attachments

• Komisches Bild.png
    Komisches Bild.png
    884.8 KB

VerTeX

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Has anyone found a solution maybe? :confused:

Installating Directx 10 helped with some channels getting no reception.
With some reboots the problem appears at random.

Ekjaker

Portal Member
October 17, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
Having the same issue.. what driver version for the PVR150 are you using?

I have switched back to Vista x64, but I hope to be able to convert back to Windows 2008. I'm starting to get the impression that the Hauppauge pvr-150 has issues with Mediaportal, As I'm also having problems in Vista.

I'll post back here when I move back to 2008.

Ekjaker

Portal Member
October 17, 2008
Home Country
Belgium Belgium
2008 server

Still not moved back to 2008 server. I'm waiting for the Mediaportal 1.01 release to migrate back.

VerTeX

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I've tried SageTV on Windows 2008 Server x64, but it has the same problem. So i doubt that mediaportal is the issue...

Mr Whiskers

March 30, 2009
Home Country
Canada Canada
I've tried SageTV on Windows 2008 Server x64, but it has the same problem. So i doubt that mediaportal is the issue...

I've had the same problems with the PVR 150 and the PVR 500 running on SageTV and other MC software. Garbled output, mainly. I did some research and I found the problem was that the PVR cards don't function very well with 4GB or more of RAM installled. If you're running in a 64 bit environment, you probably have at least 4 GB of RAM installed, which makes it likely that this is your issue. There are supposed to be some new drivers out that take care of this issue but I haven't found any that work yet. One fix I found (if you have only 4GB and not more) is to use msconfig to reduce the amount of memory available to the system by about 8MB, to get it under the maximum amount. If you have more than 4GB, you would have to sacrifice a lot of memory for this..

Until the new drivers work, it seems we're out of luck with these tuners.

VerTeX

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
Sounds like that could be the case.

But now i have a different problem, after upgrading to the latest svn i can't get tv to work at all. (no audio/video detected)

After some research i found that removing all codecs en reinstalling the required ones, it works, and without the scrambled image. Until i reboot, the it's back to no audio/video detected.
Logs say no audio found after 15.001 seconds.

This could ofcourse also be related to the drivers.

VerTeX

Portal Member
February 1, 2007
Home Country
Netherlands Netherlands
I just checked the possibility of de 4GB problem described in many forums.
And i can conclude that this is indeed the problem.
When i set max memory to 4095 in msconfig. Problem solved.

So i guess its waiting for new drivers (which may never come) or buy same other tuner cards.
Shame though..

Anyone any ideas what tuners (analog or digital (cable)) do not have this problem?
:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom