Problem with Audio streams on master and client, advice please. (1 Viewer)

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Is it possible to change the audio stream on the client pc's?

I'm watching Toon Disney now on the master and on a client at the same time, Toon disney is broadcasting 4 language streams, mpeg: den, nor, swe and fin.
On the master I can select the fin stream and receive the Finnish language. On the client I can select the Finnish stream and I do get the choice of 4 streams, but the language doesn't change from Swedish.

So in other words, I have two languages here on different machines at the same time from the same channel.

It would be really nice to get this fixed, then I can send the kids off to another room to watch the disney channels when the footy is on, right now they are limited to watching from the master server.

Thanks for any help.

pmcguire

Portal Pro
November 25, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
Anyone? This isn't essential yet but I am considering a dedicated (ie noisy) server and connecting via passive clients, this would then be essential.

Paranoid Delusion

Moderation Manager
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 13, 2005
    Cheshire
    Home Country
    United Kingdom United Kingdom
    Just to be clear for anyone reading this, you cannot select any other language besides the default swedish channel on the client.

Is it not possible to set default language to finnish for all streams if available (I do not know if this is possible with your setup, as i do not know how you receive TV).

Might be worthwhile posting TVServer logs.

Maybe someone with a TWIN\Multi Language reception, could try duplicating, as does seem strange that you can see the fin stream and select, but get the wrong language.

Sorry to not be more helpfull.

Regards

Willith

Portal Member
    July 3, 2007
    Hi

I brought this issue up a while ago along with one or two other users with similar problems but nothing has happened. Some channels on Astra and Hotbird have multiple languages - these appear in the context menu but selecting them has no effect (using a skystar 2 btw). im able to select the languages and hear them in VLC by connecting to the rtsp stream. At the moment i have the TV server undergoing testing using a desktop computer and a laptop. I would eventually like to replace the current stable version of MP we have in the main room but until this issue is resolved theres not much point in going further.

pmcguire

Portal Pro
    November 25, 2006
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Guys could we please get this looked at?
    Soon my daughter will have her own client in her room, the client language problem is starting to rear its ugly head :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom