Problem with BackupSettings.MPE1 - please help (1 Viewer)

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
I tried to compile my first .mpe1 file with the Mediaportal Extension Maker, but so far i failed and do ask for help of any experienced users.

I have submitted the compiled Backupsettings.MPE1 file to the MPI Plugin section, but it is not showing up in the online list.
I have no problem to install the plugin from my local .mpe1 file, but it is not showing up in the global list, when i download the latest online list.

I realized that all submitted plugins did use the file extenseion .mpi and not the default setting .MPE1. Could that cause the problem?

I have not specified the extended options like minimum needed file version and maximum supported file version. Is that a must have for submitted .mpe1 plugins in order to show up in the list? I was not sure what maximum version number i should specify as i do not know at what build version the .dll files will change in future. Is there an example .xmp file available for one of the latest plugins supporting MP 1.1?

My extension maker source code (backupsettings.xmp) can be found in the zip file BackupSettingsV1.0.3.1.zip.

TV-Server Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.2
MediaPortal Skin: PureVision
Windows Version: Vista SP1
CPU Type: AMD64X2 5200 2.7GHz
HDD: samsung HD753LJ ATA
Memory: 2 x 2 GB DDR2 800 MDT
Motherboard: Elitegroup A780GM-A
Video Card: Nvidia 9400GT 512MBDDR2
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: On Board Realtek Digital Output
Sound Card AC3: HDMI
Sound Card Driver: 6.00.5840.16387
1. TV Card: Technotrend S3200
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S TT3200
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD7.3
MPEG2 Audio Codec: PDVD7.3
h.264 Video Codec: PDVD7.3
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2
HTPC Case: Thermaltake
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: Imon
TV: Panasonic TH46PZ85
TV - HTPC Connection:

huha

Extension Developer
January 3, 2008
Home Country
Germany Germany
Changing the file name to BackupSettings.mpi made it work. So the default file extension of the MediaPortal Extension maker does not work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom