[TV] Problem with display of recorded programmes (1 Viewer)

wjw

Portal Pro
July 13, 2008
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
MediaPortal Version: 1.1.0 beta
MediaPortal Skin: Blue3 Wide
Windows Version: Win 7 RC build 7100 32bit
CPU Type: Intel Core Duo E8200 2.66 Ghz
HDD: Western Digital 750Gb
Memory: Kingston 2x1 Gb
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-73PVM-S2H GeForce 7100
Video Card: nVidia 9400GGT
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3: Optical Out
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge Wintv HVR4000
1. TV Card Type: DVB-S
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: Cyberlink/MPC/ffdshow
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink/MPC/ffdshow
Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 28E
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

I have been running Beta 1 for some weeks with not many significant problems. However, I have been having other problems which I have identified to my hard disk. I have installed a new one with a clean install of Win7RC and MP1.1B. Been running successfully using the recordings folder on the old disk.

I have now removed the old disk, but copied all the recordings into the default TVServer recordings folder on the new disk (and changed the pointers in MP). I had to do a database import to get the recordings into the database once I'd removed the old disk, and now I see the programmes displayed using the date the copies were created, not the date of recording, and mostly with a zero length. I have attached a screenshot to show the problem.

Can anyone please suggest how I can get the display back to normal please. It's quite hard to watch a series in the right order when you can't see the date of recording and can't get them sorted by date when when they have all got the same date!

Attachments

• mp.PNG
    mp.PNG
    381.5 KB

johnzered

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 20, 2008
    Home Country
    Finland Finland
    Hi!

I'm sorry but I don't think there's anyway to solve your problem. When recordings are imported the StarTime is set to the physical file's creation datetime and the EndTime is set to the files last modified date. Since you copied your files they got a new creationdate.

The only way I can think of to "fix" this is by manually updating the database with the correct values (which can be a bit hard).

//johnzered

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    jonzered,

Many thanks for at least looking at my problem. I was afraid that the problem had arisen from the copy action. I had hoped that the database build would use the contents of the xml files to to identify program recording dates and lengths, but obviously not. The really annoying thing is that even though the files have a new creation date, the modified date is still the original creation date. Looks a bit silly really as the modified date is now earlier than the creation date - but then, this is Windows!

I still have the originals on the old disk. Is there any way of moving them but keeping the original date?

:D

wjw

Portal Pro
    July 13, 2008
    Home Country
    Obviously, the answer to my question is to MOVE them, not COPY them. Quite why this didn't occur to me in the first place....

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom