[Bug] Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID (1 Viewer)

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
December 3, 2009
Home Country
Russian Federation Russian Federation
MediaPortal Version: 1.2.0 beta
MediaPortal Skin: Default 3 Wide
Windows Version: XP SP3
CPU Type: Core Duo E6300
HDD: Seagate 500GB & WD 2TB
Memory: 4GB DDR-2 800
Motherboard: Asus P5KPL-AM EPU
Video Card: GTX460SE
Video Card Driver: 270.61
Sound Card: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIE
Sound Card AC3: SB X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCIE
Sound Card Driver: 2009
1. TV Card: IPTV
1. TV Card Type: DVB-IP
1. TV Card Driver: IPTV
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
MPEG2 Audio Codec: FFDSHOW
h.264 Video Codec: FFDSHOW
Satelite/CableTV Provider: WebPlus IPTV
HTPC Case: Asus mini-atx
Cooling: Box cooling
Power Supply: ATX 500w
Remote: Asus PC-RC01-D
TV: Samsung 37" Full HD
TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI-HDMI
Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID - they adds as new only when scanning again.
My provider always streaming each named channel at unique URL adress and port, but sometimes he changes SID or PMT on channels.
For example:
channel 1 is 1.2.3.4:1234
channel 2 is 1.2.3.5:1234
channel 3 is 1.2.3.6:1234
after some time (2-3 weeks) channel 3 is stop working im MP, but in VLC is STILL working. Research of this indicates, that provider has changed SID and PMT on this channel.
I rescan channels in MP and channel 3 appears as a new channel with other PMT and Service ID, but the URL of channel is the same! My provider often change SID and PMT on channel, but never change the URL of streaming. For VLC it is no difference, but after changing SID or PMT MP can't show channel, so i need to rescan those not working channels manually, write down new SID and PMT, then edit old (not working) channel and write new SID and PMT in TV-server config.It is really annoying, because of all settings of each channel with EPG, xmltv and so on. I understand that is not the problem of MP, that provider change SID or PMT, but in dvb-ip we have only playlist of channels to identify them, so may be the URL of streaming in the playlist can be the unique channel identifyer? Is that possible?

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    VLC doesn't matter about channel identification, it only plays stream from specified source. The current implementation try find tunning details by ONID and SID (in case when Provider doesn't uniquely identify channels (detection errors) option is checked is used ONID, SID and TSID). I think that in case that tunning details are not found, the Tv-Server Configuration can try find tunning details in older way (by provider name and channel name).

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID

Hi Andrusha777,

can you confirm that this issue started with MP 1.2.0 beta? In MP 1.2.0 Alpha or MP 1.1.3 it was working?
    In 1.2.0 Beta we changed the way to identify channels. Channles are now identified in the way georgius described. While this is ok for dvb-c/s/t, it is not ok for dvb-ip. The channels may also be identified by it's name for dvb-ip. Thats why they stop working when your provider changes one of the IDs.

The change in channel identification will be rolled back for dvb-ip in MP 1.2.0 RC! Channel identification in MP 1.2.0 RC should behave like in 1.1.3 or 1.2.0 Alpha.

Stepko

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Hi, Stepko! As far as I remember, i have the same problems (scanning channels and adds them as new) with all versions of MP, inluding 1.2.0 Alpha and 1.1.3
    I had told about that here https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/...ptv-not-working-78629/index17.html#post708805
    link to post listed above - the problem was described with logs, and only thing that was suggested to me is to rescan not working channels again, then move tuning details from new added channels (which are previously was not working) to old channels. I have abot 160 channels, it is very long time to pase them all.
    I think, that with dvb-ip MP needs other way to identify channels - for example provider's name (an m3u playlist in tuning detail's folder) and channel name. In that case, even when provider change url of streaming or any tuning details, TV server will recognize correctly each channel.

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    Because in MP 1.2.0 Aplha and MP 1.1.3 the tunning details where found by provider name, channel name and SID, I think that simply rolling back changes will not be sufficient for you (because your provider from time to time changes SID).

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    georgius, you are absolutely right! May be developers could make any option for dvb ip to identify channels only by provider name and channel name?

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID

According to the dvb-standart the providers name has to be the dns domain the provider controlls. The TV server doesn't get that information. So the question is, where should the TV server get the names from...

I think we need to add alot stuff to the dvb-ip part. There is a way to get all the needed informations, like the providers name, channel name, different IDs and even the IP adresses automatically. Then the TV server would also get all IPs automatically - no need for channellists anymore. But thats a long way to go and right now I don't see a way to get these names...

Andrusha777

Portal Pro
    December 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Stepko, I understand the way you are think of this. But provider can provide several types of subscription, so playlists may be different. Current, i think, the best way to identify provider is the name of playlist - for example provider1.m3u provider2.m3u and so on, because very often providers put in playlists urls of channels within they internal network, so all channel's url will work only in provider's network. My provider has the same schematics.

Stepko

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • September 29, 2007
    Hamburg/Wolfsburg
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Re: Problem with DVB-IP channels with changed SID or PID

Stepko, I understand the way you are think of this. But provider can provide several types of subscription, so playlists may be different.
    What I mean is the m3u-file with the IPs in it. That is not necessary when MP would support the dvb-ip(i) standart. When you use a stb with your provider, the stb also gets all channel information automatically. Its a list of all channels available on the network. But thats something for the future, perhaps far future...

Current, i think, the best way to identify provider is the name of playlist - for example provider1.m3u provider2.m3u and so on
    Perhaps that would be a way to go in the meantime. But we have to think it fully through. There are a few things that comes to my mind, like handling of special characters in the name, duplicate names in the playlist...

georgius

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • October 31, 2010
    Bratislava
    Home Country
    Slovakia Slovakia
    There are standards for DVB-IP, but ... many providers stream channels only in their internal network and probably use their own set-top-boxes to receive streams (at least my provider). In that case it's possible that provider didn't implement all to satisfy standards but implemented everything to have working solution. For example, my provider doesn't provide any playlist ... I'll have to create playlist manually. For now it should be sufficient that playlist name is provider name.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom