Problem with forward and rewind in Media Portal Audio (1 Viewer)

icemanguru

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
United States of America United States of America
Dear Members,
I need some help. I have installed the latest version of Media portal. But I found out something new last night. I am able to playback audio mp3 files over the network. But I am not able to forward or rewind in the middle of the music tracks. With version 2.0.0 it was fine when i had the Razor skin. Now this might sound funny. I had winamp also durning the time of version 2.0.0. Now for some reason when media portal plays back music files. It does not use windows media player anymore it uses Winamp. And I can tell because the wave pattern design I use to get with the playback of music is no longer there. I went in to windows and told windows that any file with *.mp3 extention. Needs to be played in Windows Media player. And still after doing that. I am still getting the winamp program to playback in Media portal. I also tried uninstalling winamp and then trying to playback a song to see if media player would choose windows media player. But this time with winamp uninstalled it would not even select windows media player. It would just sit there and not do nothing. Please help me.
Thanks,
Icemanguru
P.S. Also when I shutdown the media portal software and windows desktop is open. I see that winamp has not completely closed. It is minimized. Winamp is not completely closed.Please help Team members.:)

icemanguru

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
I did not see a selection for windows media player or winamp in the music section when i was double checking the setup confirguration.

jawbroken

Portal Pro
August 13, 2005
Home Country
Afghanistan Afghanistan
I haven't installed 0.2.1.0 yet as I haven't had time, I am still on stable patch 4. However, there at least used to be an option to select what player to use for music (internal, winamp, etc).

icemanguru

Portal Member
October 25, 2006
Home Country
i think mines was set to internal. The other option is something about BASS

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom