Problem with MP, MCE Remote, and Vista (1 Viewer)

pdoconnell

Portal Member
January 21, 2006
Madison, WI, USA
Hi, I've posted in a few threads over the last month trying to figure out some issues with MP in Vista, and they're all worked out now except for weird MCE Remote functionality. On the remote, about half the buttons work, and the ones that don't are: Volume +/-, the directional buttons, the OK button, and any of the number pad keys including clear and enter. I've tried uninstalling all the remote drivers and reinstalling them automatically w/ basic plug and play sorta stuff, but that hasn't changed anything. Is there a setting somewhere that will allow me to either teach it or have it just work with a checkbox or something that I've missed? In alternative, does anyone have a working .inf and the corresponding dlls for Vista for the remote to see if maybe its just something weird w/ my remote?

I'm currently using the 0.2.2 and latest SVN of MP, and no build has given me functionality since I installed (It was a clean install not an upgrade in case that matters). Uninstalling and reinstalling MP hasn't helped either. This is the last thing I need for MP to be really usable for me and I would greatly appreciate any help that can be sent my way.

mclog

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I had the same problem, and my solution was:

1) take out the batteries
2) press the power button and then press every button on the remote (keeping the power button pressed all the time)
3) insert batteries

Let me know if that works for you.

pdoconnell

Portal Member
January 21, 2006
Madison, WI, USA
I tried that, nothing worked...I tried the PC power button on the remote, the TV power button on the remote, and even the big green button just to be sure. Out of curiousity, what would make that work for you? Is it a reset code or something plugged into the hardware or what? Thanks for the idea though, just wish it had worked.

Alberto

Portal Member
March 15, 2005
I have the same problem, dont work volume control in remote control MCE.

Mediaportal: 0.2.2.0 with latest SVN
Windows Vista Home Premium
MCE Remote

What's solution?

mclog

Portal Member
November 6, 2006
Home Country
Finland Finland
I tried that, nothing worked...I tried the PC power button on the remote, the TV power button on the remote, and even the big green button just to be sure. Out of curiousity, what would make that work for you? Is it a reset code or something plugged into the hardware or what? Thanks for the idea though, just wish it had worked.

I just think that having the batteries out and using all the buttons helps to drain the stored power and give some kind of reset to the remote. Some people short it using a paperclip.

I have same problems back now, going to try the batteries out for a few hours now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom