Problem with multiple apostrophes (1 Viewer)

Doodles

Portal Pro
September 9, 2006
Home Country
United Kingdom United Kingdom
Hi Mackey.

Thanks for all the work you've done with this great plugin. It's still my favorite.

I noticed in another post that someone had a problem with multiple apostrophes. I too have the problem, but I don't think the problem is with the original source.

In researching the problem to write this post, I have found that the doubling seems to be done when the lyrics are read or written to the music tag in the wma file, and that the lyrics are occasionally written again when skipping backwards and forwards between tracks causing the number of apostrophes to increase. I now have several tracks with many apostrophes - see the attached screen snaps.

Here's the text from the database of a track that displays the problem. The text is cut from the Lrics database view and pasted here. The track is Bread - Baby, I'm a Want You.

Baby, I'm-a want you
Baby, I'm-a need you
You the only one I care enough to hurt about
Maybe I'm-a crazy
But I just can't live without...

Your lovin' and affection
Givin' me direction
Like a guiding light to help me through a darkest hour
Lately I'm a-prayin'
That you'll always be a-stayin' beside me

I attach a screen snap showing the multiple apostrophes as displayed.

I then skipped forwards and back a couple of tracks each way a couple of times, and managed to get it to double the number of apostropehs again - see the second screensnap attached.

Looking inside a wma file I can see that's where the multiple apostrophes are. So, looks like the problem occurs when the lyrics are written to the music tag, and it looks like the lyrics occasionally get written back to the music tag when a track is played.

Hope you can find time to look into this problem. As a quick fix, it'd probably be safe simply to reduce all multiple apostrophes to a single apostrophe.

Many thanks
Alan

Attachments

• mylyrics.jpg
    mylyrics.jpg
    144.5 KB
  • mylyrics2.jpg
    mylyrics2.jpg
    159.6 KB

mackey

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • May 1, 2006
    right there
    Home Country
    Denmark Denmark
    Hi Doodles

Thanks for the report. I'll have a look and fix the error for the next release.
    best regards

mackey

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom