problem with wincvs / tortoise cvs (1 Viewer)

vbgeezer

Portal Pro
December 18, 2004
Auckland, New Zealand
Everytime I try to checkout I get message that password is not supplied or similar. Is there a password I don't know or am I doing something wrong?

WinCVS actual error now

cvs -d ":pserver;username=anonymous;password=cvs login;hostname=cvs.sourceforge.net:/cvs..." checkout -P mediaportal (in directory C:\dotnet)
cvs [checkout aborted]: unrecognized auth response from cvs.sourceforge.net: M PserverBackend::pserverBackend() Connect (No route to host)

***** CVS exited normally with code 1 *****

I found post that recommends to open port 2401 and I have tried this also.

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Well, to avoid more posts like that: Sourceforge is having problem with the CVS system at the moment. No other project can be checked out from the anonymous CVS, either. Just wait and try again tomorrow. :wink:

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
Click here: http://sourceforge.net/docman/display_doc.php?group_id=1&docid=2352

You won't succeed as SF reports on its site:
( 2005-02-09 08:58:54 - Project CVS Service ) As of 2005-02-09 there is an outage of anonymous CVS (tarballs, pserver-based CVS and ViewCVS) for projects whose UNIX names start with the letters m, n, p, q, t, y and z. We are currently working on resolving this issue.

You can see the status there. Just wait and wait and wait and.... It's nothing, anybody in this project can change. Wait, wait, wait, wait,....

mPod

Portal Pro
January 26, 2005
Berlin
Home Country
Germany Germany
No problem. :wink:

You can use the search button on top of this screen, this might help you immediately and you don't have to wait for an answer as many are already given. :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom