Problems deleting / removing TV cards (1 Viewer)

db_no

Portal Member
August 17, 2008
Home Country
Norway Norway
TV-Server Version: RC2 - SVN 19936
MediaPortal Version: RC2 - SVN 19936
MediaPortal Skin: XFace
Windows Version: MCE 2005 - SP3
CPU Type: Core 2 Duo
HDD:
Memory:
Motherboard: Intel
Video Card:
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card: Intel
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card: Hauppauge HVR 4000
1. TV Card Type: DVBS2 / DVB-T / Analog
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec: NVIDIA
MPEG2 Audio Codec: NVIDIA
h.264 Video Codec: Cyberlink
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case:
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote:
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

I tried installing new drivers for my Hauppauge HVR 4000 card - i have now the same card listed several times in the TV Cards list in TV Server Configuration.
When i select the card and press remove and press ok, it is still there the next time i start the configuration tool.
This is not important - since all is working fine - but abit anoying.

Thanks for a superb product.

ronilse

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • July 19, 2005
    Moss
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi,
    Yup this it's a problem, you're not allowed to delete a card in db if it has some recordings added to it or channels added etc(if all refrences are removed you can delete it), not sure how we can prevent this but i do know that it will probably not be before 1.0 release.
    If you attach logs after a scenario like that i can add it to mantis.

Regards
    Roy

db_no

Portal Member
    August 17, 2008
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Is there a manual way of removing the cards?
    BTW: I'm attaching the TV log

globaldonkey

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 23, 2007
    Home Country
    I had a similar problem, with both an old card not going away, and a new card that appeared in TV Server config but couldn't be configured. Tried all sorts of things including uninstalling and re-installing TV Service and SQL. Unfortunately, these uninstall processes don't delete the SQL database, so even after doing this I was still left with a problem, because the old databse was still there. Ater re-installing everything, I got an error when starting TV Server config for the first time saying the database could not be created. The error log showed the reason was because it already existed. Deleted the old database and everything came good again.

Even though the disabled card doesn't appear to cause problems, I think it is worth getting rid of it. I seemed to have all sorts of weird little TV Server problems and glitches while my system was in this state (ie couldn't turn TV on some times, couldn't import recordings etc). It's all good now.

I think the best thing to try given where you are at now would be to try deleting the server from the configuration first. This step for me did get rid of "old" disabled cards, but it didn't fix the problem with being unable to configure the new card. If that does not work for you, then stop TV Service and the SQL services and blow away the TV Server database and start again. The database is MpTvDbRC2.mdf in the SQL directory C:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL\MSSQL.1\MSSQL\Data, assuming you are using MSSQL. Probably named something similar if you are using MySQL, but in a different directory. Maybe there is a more elegant solution. Would be nice if you could do this through configuration (ie reset the config database). I would have thought deleting the server would do this, but I think it leaves a lot of stuff behind that just gets picked up again. I'm probably massively over-simplifying this to the annoyance of the developers ;)

The other thing that was suggested was check device manager, turn on hidden devices, and check the old device still isn't hanging around as a disconnected or problem device. Maybe check this before you blow your TV Server config away.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom