problems with AIW 9800pro card and TV (1 Viewer)

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
I have the below software/hardware on my PC. I have been completely unable to get the TV tuner on the ATI card to work within MP - of course it works perfect outside of MP. I tried to download the CVS files (not sure if needed with the 0.2.0.0. RC2) and was unsuccessful, I get errors "password needed". In the "MP SETUP" application it does has "rage 9600 and above..." selected however I am unable to tune or autotune any channels in the config. and of course within the MP application itself all I get is a blank TV screen.

I have read thru many many many of the threads on this forum regarding the ATI. some I understand and some I really dont. I havent found one that definitively says what needs to be done to get AIW-9800-pro to work. I would like to find some method of getting this to work if possible w/o worrying about CVS downloads, or graphedit fixes, just hopefully a new version or specific SETUP settings or specific catalyst/MMC/MP version combination... I currently use myHTPC as a frontend and TV works perfect there, basically using MMC to play/record. I really like what is in MP but if I cant get TV to work I dont want to buy another card just to use the application.

As I said I have already read as many of the ATI related threads as I can, without helping so far...

Patrick

0.2.0.0 RC2

WIN-XP MCE
Athlon 64 3200+
GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
1gb Ram, DDR SDRAM 400
ATI AIW 9800Pro
MMC 9.03
Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP Media Center Edition

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
well I got the TV viewing to work - I had to change the progid within the CaptureCardDefinitions.xml file from "ntativrv34" to "ntativrv40". I used GraphEdit (Under WDM Streaming Capture Devices, click on ATI Rage Theater Video Capture) to determine the proper ID. I can now view TV and have the channels tuned properly.

next problem is with recording, when a scheduled recording comes up it blanks the TV window, to black. quite annoying. any suggestions?

Patrick

pglenn

Portal Member
January 7, 2006
I am able to view TV while watching but not when recording. Following are the GRAPHEDIT images. hopefully they can help fix my problem

mp_watching_aiw9800pro.JPG

However when recording I dont get any picture, just a black screen, and this is the graph

mp_recording_aiw9800pro.JPG

I get the following error when I try to connect the "ATI Rage Theater Video Capture" preview or capture to the VMR-9 filter

these filters cannot agree on a connection. verify type compatibility of input pin and output pin. no combination of intermediate filters ciuld nbe found to make the connection. (return code 0x80040217)

and I try to change the settings for each filter/pin and I cannot:

could not connect preview--> VMR input nor capture--> VMR input

could not disply properties for VMR-9 filter nor VMR-9 pin

could not change any pin properties for CAPTURE or PREVIEW

0.2.0.0 RC2

WIN-XP MCE
Athlon 64 3200+
GIGABYTE GA-K8NSNXP-939 nForce3 Ultra
1gb Ram, DDR SDRAM 400
ATI AIW 9800Pro
MMC 9.03
Catalyst 5.13 Windows XP Media Center Edition