Problems with current BASS-Engine (MP1.1beta) - How to update BASS-Engine? (1 Viewer)

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Hello Everyone!

As I reported in this thread (https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/listen-music-99/noisy-output-using-bass-engine-69487/) I am having noisy output using bass-engine.
    I have a Yamaha RX-V465 connected to MP via hdmi on my ATI HD3200 IGP.
    There are two drivers for the built-in hdmi audiodevice on this IGP: one directly from ATI and one from Realtek.
    The crackling noise only happens with the realtek driver. MP3-playback is fine (no noise) when I use the ATI-HDMI driver. However it is only possible to playback 2.0 PCM with this driver.
    When I use a newer Realtek driver for "ATI HDMI-Audiodevice", even DD or DTS are forwarded correctly over to my AV-receiver. So obviously I would prefer this driver if there wasn't this crackling noise playing MP3 files.

This noise ONLY exists in MP when using the built-in BASS player. ANY other player will work just fine.

On Un4seen Developments - 2MIDI / BASS / MID2XM / MO3 / XM-EXE / XMPlay there is a newer version of BASS available however I have no clue if it is possible to replace the old BASS engine used in MP1.1 beta.

ANY help would be greatly welcome.

Please make me happy, this is one of my the last problems with MP.

Cheers, DiePlage

MediaPortal Version: 1.1 Beta
    MediaPortal Skin: Blue Wide
    Windows Version: XP Pro SP3
    CPU Type: Athlon X2 5050e
    HDD: Seagate ST31000322CS 5900rpm 1TB
    Memory: 2GB DDR2 400 S0DIMM
    Motherboard: Jewele MINIX 780G 128MB SP
    Video Card: ATI HD3200 IGP
    Video Card Driver: 8.6 (Catalyst 9.10)
    Sound Card: ATI HDMI Audio (on IGP)
    Sound Card AC3: AC3 over HDMI
    Sound Card Driver: 5.10.0.5945
    1. TV Card: FireDTV
    1. TV Card Type: DVB-S2
    1. TV Card Driver: 5.0.1.0
    2. TV Card:
    2. TV Card Type:
    2. TV Card Driver:
    3. TV Card:
    3. TV Card Type:
    3. TV Card Driver:
    4. TV Card:
    4. TV Card Type:
    4. TV Card Driver:
    MPEG2 Video Codec: PDVD8
    MPEG2 Audio Codec:
    h.264 Video Codec:
    Satelite/CableTV Provider: Astra 19.2°E
    HTPC Case: GMC Noblesse AV
    Cooling: 120mm
    Power Supply: BeQuiet TFX 300W
    Remote: iMon Pad
    TV: Samsung UE40B6000
    TV - HTPC Connection: HDMI

hwahrmann

Development Group
  • Team MediaPortal
  • September 15, 2004
    Vienna, Austria
    Home Country
    Austria Austria
    try it.
    the only dependency which you can/must NOT replace is Bass.Net.
    using a new Bass.dll might work, provided that there were no changes in the interface itself.
    though i doubt that replacing the dll only will solve your problem.

DiePlage

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 16, 2007
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    SOLVED: Noisy output with BASS

Hello everyone,

I solved all my previous problems with BASS-engine with one simple solution:

BY NOT USING IT ANYMORE.

I switched to PureAudio and everything is working fine now.

Cheers!

cBc

Portal Member
    November 19, 2009
    Home Country
    United States of America United States of America
    Hello

Can you advise where to find the PureAudio plugin. Not finding it in Plugin Library..

fmulders

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 3, 2009
    Home Country
    Netherlands Netherlands
    I have the same problem, but do not want to switch to another player.
    The plugin "one button music" does not work with others and I like the fade in/out function from bass player.
    I am using SPDIF to lead all sounds to my receiver.

Is there still no solution?

( I had this problem only on winxp, can anyone tell me if this has be seen on Win7)

rmeredit

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • April 10, 2007
    Melbourne
    Home Country
    Yes, I've just installed 1.1.0 beta with the 8th January 2010 SVN (from 1.0.2) and I am getting exactly the same thing. I too run my audio over SPDIF to a receiver and am getting crackling now with the BASS engine. I used to get this with ffdshow, and the problem was the use of 32-bit floating point PCM and/or LPCM. Turning that off fixed up sound in video nicely and sticking to 16/24/32 bit integer PCM worked fine.

Audio played fine in 1.0.2, and if I play in another player like iTunes, it's still fine, so it's not the files themselves. The symptoms with the current player (crackles and pops, especially on audio spikes like drum beats) are exactly the same as I was getting with the incorrect ffdshow settings.

I couldn't find it, but is there a setting in MP Config that lets you specify the audio output configuration for the BASS engine?

Edit: Switching to the internal dshow player fixes the audio quality, but of course you lose all that BASS player goodness...

Edit2: Turning on upmix stereo to 5.1/7.1 with the BASS engine also fixes it, but that stuffs up the stereo. A reasonable compromise for now, but the ability to tweak the PCM settings would seem to be the long-term solution, if it's possible.

skyliner2

MP Donator
  • Premium Supporter
  • January 23, 2008
    near munich
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    AW: Problems with current BASS-Engine (MP1.1beta) - How to update BASS-Engine?

I can confirm rmeredits solutions. BASS engine causes the same problems on my htpc (crackles etc.). The internal player causes cracks at the start of every title. My only working solution is upmix to 5.1/7.1 at the moment. But I really prefer music in stereo. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom