Problems with DXVA in MPC Video Decoder (1 Viewer)

Synthetic

Portal Pro
March 23, 2009
Home Country
Germany Germany
TV-Server Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Version: 1.0.0.0
MediaPortal Skin: Xface 1.7
Windows Version: XP 32-Bit
CPU Type: Athlon 5050e
HDD: WD Green
Memory:
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H
Video Card: Radeon 3200 onbaord
Video Card Driver:
Sound Card:
Sound Card AC3:
Sound Card Driver:
1. TV Card:
1. TV Card Type:
1. TV Card Driver:
2. TV Card:
2. TV Card Type:
2. TV Card Driver:
3. TV Card:
3. TV Card Type:
3. TV Card Driver:
4. TV Card:
4. TV Card Type:
4. TV Card Driver:
MPEG2 Video Codec:
MPEG2 Audio Codec:
h.264 Video Codec: MPC Video Decoder
Satelite/CableTV Provider:
HTPC Case: Antec Fusion remote black
Cooling:
Power Supply:
Remote: iMon Pad
TV:
TV - HTPC Connection:

Hi everyone. :)
After some nights of work I got my new HTPC system running with almost all the features I need/want, but something bothers me and I can't find a true solution by searching the forums, so I hope you can help.
Here we go:
I use MPC Video Decoder to playback H264 Video, which I installed according to this guide: https://forum.team-mediaportal.com/newcomers-forum-240/mediaportal-install-guide-49685/
Now in some HD Videos I play I get jerky playback in slow moving scenes, but not in all of my HD Videos and it seems to be framerate independent (as i have perfectly working files in the same framerate as the ones not working).
Using FFDshow as playback codec works without the described problems, but has no HW Acceleration of course.

I'd be happy about some help about this, as it's driving me nuts. :(

Spragleknas

• Team MediaPortal
  • December 21, 2005
    Located
    Home Country
    Norway Norway
    Hi and welcome to the forum :)
    Could the selected HD movies be interlaced? My guess is that you are struggling with bad deinterlacing.

The fact that you do not have a HT3 capable CPU (like Phenom) makes your deinterlacing options limited with the HD3200.

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    I think all files with and without problems are 720p, and this happens only in slow moving scenes (moving objects get blocky and seem to repeat their movement for a splitsecond) :confused:
    Shouldn't this be a problem with FFDshow too if the files were interlaced? FFDShow plays fine though (I'm relatively new to this, so please bear with me)

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    Now in some HD Videos I play I get jerky playback in slow moving scenes, but not in all of my HD Videos and it seems to be framerate independent (as i have perfectly working files in the same framerate as the ones not working).
    Using FFDshow as playback codec works without the described problems, but has no HW Acceleration of course.

I'd be happy about some help about this, as it's driving me nuts. :(

Do you use ffdshow for ac3 decoding? I also had this problem and reverted to MPA and everything works fine now (don't know why but it works).

Roby

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    IIRC I do, actually, will try to change that, but I think I need ffdshow for AC3/DTS passthrough, or does that work with MPA too?

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    Tried to change to MPA - didn't work :-(
    And I checked the files again, they are definitely all progressive (720p)
    The only difference I see is that the not working files are encoded with an older version of x264 (core 44/45) and the working ones with a newer version (core 55+). Does that make a difference in HW decoding?

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    IIRC I do, actually, will try to change that, but I think I need ffdshow for AC3/DTS passthrough, or does that work with MPA too?

Yes it can do it but you have to configure it in mediaportal in MPA configuration screen

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    ok but MPA makes no difference with the problem. I downgraded ATI Drivers in the meantime but that didn't work either.

robyf

Retired Team Member
  • Premium Supporter
  • June 20, 2005
    Bolzano
    Home Country
    Italy Italy
    ok but MPA makes no difference with the problem. I downgraded ATI Drivers in the meantime but that didn't work either.

Have you checked that ffdshow is not running in the tray while you watch a movie? You have to completely disable ac3 and dts handling by ffdshow in it's codecs configuration section.

Another problem could be the profile of the files. Files that have been encoded with a 5.1 profile will not work correctly if hardware accelerated. You have to convert them to a 4.1 profile using a tool called idc changer (search for it with google).

Synthetic

Portal Pro
    March 23, 2009
    Home Country
    Germany Germany
    FFDshow wasn't running but the problem remained. I tried IDC Changer but it was unable to find the IDC Information in the problematic file :mad:
    I think I'll stick to non-dxva for now :-/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom