Problems with h.264 video with & AAC audio in mp4 container (1 Viewer)

NimAjNeB

December 8, 2009
Hi Everyone,

Just firstly let me say that I have been using Media Portal for many years now and it is the best media centre that I have encountered by far.

I have never had this issue in previous versions but it does appear to be a major problem now. There are another couple of posts referring to this problem but they have yet to gain much momentum and mostly on older versions.

Basically I have an MP4 container file encoded in H.264 at 29.970 FPS with a vbv length of 500. This has an audio layer of A_AAC. When i try and play the file the audio is way out of sync with the video, all other players on the same pc work fine.

If I put the exact same audio/video into a different container it works perfectly fine (m2ts for example).

I have tried this with both rendering paths VMR9 and the enhanced version but the results are the same there are no errors in the logs as the video appears to play correctly.

Has anyone else encountered the same issue or something similar or is there something simple I'm missing.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards

Ben:D

ultima

January 11, 2010
Home Country
I'd like to confirm that I have the same issue with my camcorders mp4 files although they are 59.94fps 1080p files. I think the problem lies with the codec pack installed. I am still fiddling with them. So far best results have been with PDVD9 codec - but video lags audio somewhat.
How can I tell if VMR9 is working correctly on my winxp system?

Cheers,
Ben

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom